UNC vs Tech point spread

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
We are going to half to play out best defense this year Bc unc probably be the best offense we play all year and probably going too be best quarterback we see all year also. Going to be a tough next week to get the win.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
UNC O can be scary. We need a ton of pressure and solid coverage. 13 isn’t high. Plus, our o-line needs to play so well. Not sure that will happen with the way Key has coached them.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Can’t count on the QB to only throw 3 downfield this week. Hopefully we see the 3 pick Howell.
The lefty for uva was slanging on them though. I think we are in for a shootout.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I agree, don't think there is any way we can win a shootout with them. Our OC is not capable of coaching that for us IMO and we don't have the players for that.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
UNC is a 13 point favorite. I think that’s a little high but I haven’t been a very good predictor so far this season.
A "little high" is it? Depends on what kind of game it becomes. A track meet or an old fashioned bend don't break 80's style meat grinder. Last week's UNC - UVA game is what the Tar Heels like.

UNC won 59-39 with a total of 98 points scored and UVA was throwing into the Carolina end zone at the end of the game.
Take a gander at these stats:
Combined 62 first downs
Total yards UNC 696 UVA 559 Combined 1,255 (Defense? What's that?)
UNC 392 yards rushing UVA 21 After watching this game, I am convinced that UNC won because of their running game in the second half limited UVA's possessions a little bit. Both Chandler and Howell had over 100 yards rushing with Chandler getting 198.

UVA had 538 yards passing but UNC's Downs had 203 yards receiving and scored 2 TDs along with Brown adding another 75 yards in receptions with 1 TD UVA has an outstanding tight end and two speedy wide receivers, a fine quarterback and an outstanding offensive line but two turnovers and a couple of drives that went wasted was too much to overcome.

We have no chance against Carolina in this kind of game. Mason, Gibbs, and Smith have to run, run, and run some more. Grind it out and limit their possessions and pray for turnovers.
Carolina is more than capable of blowing through that spread.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think slowing the game down is right. But I think a combo of run and pass is okay with Yates. He seems very confident throwing the short to medium passes and that allows you to control clock. Just saying run the ball based on our OL currently and what we have seen so far this year doesn't seem likely to be successful. We certainly have the skill at the running back position but the OL has struggle to open up holes. Obviously I would expect that against Clemson but we also struggled against Northern Illinois who got killed last week by Michigan.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think slowing the game down is right. But I think a combo of run and pass is okay with Yates. He seems very confident throwing the short to medium passes and that allows you to control clock. Just saying run the ball based on our OL currently and what we have seen so far this year doesn't seem likely to be successful. We certainly have the skill at the running back position but the OL has struggle to open up holes. Obviously I would expect that against Clemson but we also struggled against Northern Illinois who got killed last week by Michigan.
Yeah, mix it up.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer

I know it isn't in Coach P's (see, not derogatory, but his last name is a nightmare to spell for me) playbook, but it sure seems like we have the personnel to mix in some two-back sets. Mason leading Gibbs or Smith seems like something we should add to the rotation if we are having trouble blocking at the line.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Anyone that has watched UNC I know their offense is good to above avg but how good is their defense against the pass and run , what defense do they use do they blitz a lot some none ?

Their offense is currently rated 6th in the nation in F+ but their defense is 46th. So elite offense and mediocre D. Ultimately, as was stated above, we need to slow them down and turn them over and then not shoot ourselves in the foot when we are on offense.