@UNC Series

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I turned away from the game so maybe that was good luck..I will check back later for the final :D

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I guess you turned back because GT got abused by an un-called infield fly rule. Pitcher let's a pop-up drop and gets a double play.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just keep telling myself that the team is just good enough to break my heart.

Lost last night in the 11th. Tonight, we are starting the 13th. Just go back when it went to the 10th. Wow. Glad we have about 17 pitchers available. Next game after this tonight!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
6-5 GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13 innings. UNC used 9 pitchers and a game to go tonight. Our 1 error to their 4 errors didn't hurt. Plus Gonzalez threw out a UNC runner gong for a double with one out to make it two. Plus Pabst threw out two trying to steal in extra innings.

We have a good team. Period.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good job Jackets! Sounds like a war of attrition with the pitching staffs. Get the nightcap and the series!

Yeah, we used like 4 pitchers. Should be a high scoring second game. We got in jams and got out time after time. We couldn't get it done with bases loaded in 8th and 9th (UNC is a damn good team who I think may want to win too.) {:sarcasm} http://www.ramblinwreck.com/gametra...ol=geot&sport=mbasebl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Now time to get the win over the #12 team in their house!!!! (y):happy::love:(y)

Next game starts @ 1920. Less than an hour between games.

Grimes is our starter. We knock out their starter and we would be in good shape. But UNC is #12 for a reason.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, we pulled-out that first game, but we made it more interesting than it needed to be. We got a bunch of base runners with 0 or 1 out and then stranded them. We got two outs on them with no base runners and then let them load it up or eventually score. Crazy game.

I'll have to check out the outcome of game two tomorrow.