UNC Predictions

Margin of Victory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For some reason when I think of UNC, I think how one of their LBs have knocked the snot out of our QBs.

Bruce Carter layed a good lick on Nesbitt. It was the only time I remember JfN shaken from a hit.

We all know about the Vad Lee hit in 2013. Vad was hit so hard by a UNC LB that it knocked the flexbone out of his heart.

Hopefully JeT avoids one of those hits this weekend.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what to expect. Hopefully we can hang with them. We need to control the clock and somehow make a few stops. Not sure if that happens though.

Head: UNC wins 38-28

Heart: Jackets win 42-31

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think we have a better chance to recover the onside kick than we do to stop them on defense so that may not be a bad strategy at all.
I agree . This is a great point!!!
How many plays before they move from 2 5 (touch back ) to were they would recover the onside kick?
Our plan has been to give them easy passes till they get to our 25 and then tighten up.
Let them start at 50 for a 25% chance of getting the onside kick.

LONGEST is on to something.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
For some reason when I think of UNC, I think how one of their LBs have knocked the snot out of our QBs.

Bruce Carter layed a good lick on Nesbitt. It was the only time I remember JfN shaken from a hit.

Hopefully JeT avoids one of those hits this weekend.
Boy, back in the day UNC had some linebackers that would lay the wood. In the game you are talking about, the other one Sturdivent (spelling?) made a big hit on JN. Lord have mercy! I didn't think he was going to make it to the fourth quarter.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Time to lock in. Line is sitting at 10.5 in favor of UNC. Over/under is hovering around 61-62.

Cast your vote in the poll.
Us a bunch. Them a bunch more. We ded. Maybe. I really don't know. Just about anything could happen including both teams discovering the inherent joys of making tackles, pressuring the quarterback, covering receivers, you know, playing defense.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I honestly think our offense is better than theirs, but our D is worse. They have a good running back, QB, and some good receivers. We need to get some stops, get the lead, and hold the ball on O in order to win.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Many scores. If we score reliably, but slowly, we win. If we score fast without long drives mixed in, we lose. If the final winning score starts with a 3, we are winners. If it starts with a 4, our chances start going down. If it starts with a 5, I don't like our chances at all.

I am going with 38-33 TECH.

We'll play with a lot of heart. A hallmark of CPJ's Tech teams is that we don't quit. That said, UNC is the 2nd-most talented team we've faced so far and it will show.

UNC 45
GT 35

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Struggling to see a gt win here. Our response and ability to defend the unc offense doesnt work schematically. And we suck at keenan.

Unc 41
Gt 27