UNC Postgame

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it odd to be a bit disappointed by a 33-7 win over UNC? Maybe, but let's face it--we could have won that game by 50. Even with their garbage time TD, we still had a 456-247 advantage in yards gained.

A big "way to go" to the defense for taking care of business. They are playing very well--being aggressive and tackling strongly.

The offense looked a little out-of-sync for a good portion of the game, but still got the job down. Marshall converted some big plays when we needed it. Benson runs hard, very hard.

Special teams looked altogether special on kickoff coverage, but that should be fixable. We did hit our FGs, so that's good.

All in all an excellent win for the Jackets! Let's rest up and get ready to whoop some Canes.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
My thoughts...

The O was ragged today and we still racked up a ton of yards.

Benson has to quit fumbling or he's not gonna play.

How about that D!

Hello AJ Gray.

How About That D!!!

Let's get healthy and ready for Dah U.

HOW ABOUT THAT D!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I think a back who gets 130 yards or so is gonna play. He just will, no matter how Johnson fulminates. I too thought the defense really showed up, and it was a good thing. Marshall is still learning how to run that option, and make really good pitches. But meantime: does anybody remember, ever, so many times getting thrown for losses? Seemed every other play. No telling what the rushing total would have been without the losses. We justgot to do better against Miami for sure, and I have to think their defense is better than Carolina's.

I do kind of agree with Johnson post-game though. A convincing win but a lot of things we did not do well.

Tonight I'll root for Clemson because the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good game. Very enjoyable and not suspenseful (which I loved). The real season starts in 2 weeks with da U. But we should be ready with the bye.

Offense; good. First year players are gonna fumble early in the year or won't play late in the
Defense great; assist from UNC penalties.
Special teams; special needs on kicking but better on tackling.

slugboy

Staff member
What happened on defense on the UNC scoring drive? We were getting off blocks and making clean tackles before then. Thought we were gonna have a shutout.
(Yes, I'm happy with the win--just wondering)

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Everything on offense looked hesitant, off balanced, just a weird look from the O. It happens.

Ricky Jeune may be the best blocking WR we've ever had. He deserves major props just for that. But he's also developed into a bigtime receiving threat. The route on the post corner was great, followed by an even better grab.
Still 3 ppp, which in any given year is a top-10 offense

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
What happened on defense on the UNC scoring drive? We were getting off blocks and making clean tackles before then. Thought we were gonna have a shutout.
(Yes, I'm happy with the win--just wondering)
All of the backups went in. I think the safeties and one corner were the only starters I saw still in the game. Good chance to get those guys playing time. Definitely more important than any shutout.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Someone on another thread asked when we are going to show up in the top 25 poll. I hope we DO NOT yet. Now if we go down and beat Richt/DA U at their place, then we should be in the top 25. Our guys on O have got to keep working to stop turnovers. Considering the number of plays they run, no turnovers is a very lofty goal. Also where on the field they occur must be considered. But we got a lot going for us at this point: QB question SOLVED. B Back question SOLVED ( Dedrick who??). D looking much improved. Let's savor and celebrate for a few days!!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Marshall continues to surprise. The third and long conversion and the 3rd quarter runs were amazing. Marshall varies his speed to fit through cracks.
Benson broke 3 tackles on the TD run. Protect that football with your life, young man.
Two uncharacteristic drops by B Rad and Sticky Ricky. Glad to see them both get involved later on.
I'm beginning to believe in the D. Unc isn't a great team offensively but they were averaging 400+ per game.
Great to get the UNC monkey off our back, and still perfect in the conference before a huge road game at Mijami