UNC game watching?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I need some help with tomorrow’s game. I see it’s on ACC network plus. Usually here in Michigan, those games are on fox sports Detroit. This one isn’t.... Any suggestions on how I can watch it? It’s not on Hulu or You Tube Tv from what I can see and I don’t think the ACC website streaks games anymore. Thanks!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Looks like “Fox Sports Midwest+”?

Might want to bookmark that section of the ACC site for info. RamblinWreck links to the TV outlets at the schedule page: https://ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/schedule/
Quite surprised the ACC puts a game with UNC on their secondary network. Unfortunately I can’t get Fox Midwest+ If I could go to a bar I’d be set, but we’re still in “lockdown” here....

slugboy

Staff member
Quite surprised the ACC puts a game with UNC on their secondary network. Unfortunately I can’t get Fox Midwest+ If I could go to a bar I’d be set, but we’re still in “lockdown” here....
I think the local RSN picks from what’s available, and I’m guessing that there’s a Big 10 or even regional MAC game with more local traction.
Maybe it’s not blocked on ESPN+ in your area???

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think the local RSN picks from what’s available, and I’m guessing that there’s a Big 10 or even regional MAC game with more local traction.
I’ll try that. Fox Detroit is showing a replay of the Bucs/Lions beat down again lol

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought the ACCN and ESPN would get first pick before it goes to a RSN? I think that's why it's surprising that both passed on UNC.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It amazes me how we still can’t get a deal with Xfinity or get a football schedule set a year or two in advance like every P5 conference... This league makes me smh at those in charge....

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It amazes me how we still can’t get a deal with Xfinity or get a football schedule set a year or two in advance like every P5 conference... This league makes me smh at those in charge....
Don't worry. Jim Phillips will cure many of our ills. He is a phenomenal negotiator. If you see a deal he makes that doesn't seem beneficial, you'll need to look deeper because I guarantee you he's done something to move the ACC forward as a conference.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
It's pretty ridiculous how we have an entire national network and they are still allowing these RSNs to get a cut and then for some reason they aren't willing to play ball with the cable providers. Don't they get more money by people seeing the commercials (I know people viewing the commercials doesn't directly put money in their pockets - more viewership means they can charge more.)

The one failsafe way that has worked for me other than having a vpn you pay for requires you to have a certain equipment set and it's still not great. If you have cell service from Google Fi and have a recent google phone (pixel 3 or newer I believe) it automatically sets your data to it's own "Google Fi VPN" which is great for a lot of reasons. The ESPN app can't get by this authentication so nothing is blacked out based on location. For me this means I have to watch the game on my phone, but if you have an older chromecast you can cast the game to that - I don't have one but have done this at a friend's house

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This will be an interesting test case for me.

The game is gonna be streamed on ACCNX, which I can typically access. It's also on a local network, but on delay until 1030PM because the Nets game is on first.

I'd like to think they wouldn't be stupid enough to black out the live stream, but this is cable television we're talking about.

slugboy

Staff member
This will be an interesting test case for me.

The game is gonna be streamed on ACCNX, which I can typically access. It's also on a local network, but on delay until 1030PM because the Nets game is on first.

I'd like to think they wouldn't be stupid enough to black out the live stream, but this is cable television we're talking about.
Good luck!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m in Atlanta. I used to get the Fox RSNs as part of YouTube tv, but not anymore. ACCNX is streamed on ESPN online, but it is blacked out in the Atlanta area, so I use a vpn server (from Nord VPN) to get an IP address outside the Atlanta area. This allows me to get the ACCNX stream on ESPN online and project it from my computer to my tv. I hope fox and ESPN don’t figure out a way to shut this down too.