UNC game on youtube

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
@20:33 mark... man, Sims had at least four blockers in front if Vad and he connected on that screen pass.

The play after that was the fake punt.

Then the play after that was when Vad's helmet came off, never seen Vad that mad. Looked like #9 was taunting a bit while standing over him.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Then the play after that was when Vad's helmet came off, never seen Vad that mad.

Heck yeah. Vad's got a lot of heart and he's got an edge and that's what we've always been lacking. I'm not even sure Nesbitt or Tevin knew how to be mad about anything.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
There is no reason Vad's helmet should have come off there, he was down and they did some helmet pulling at the bottom of the pile to get him out for a play. He made it clear he wouldn't stand for that and the issue was over. Hope that attitude comes out against UGA when they do crap like pile-driving our players. I don't want him hitting anyone, but "voicing concern" is always appreciated.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
There is no reason Vad's helmet should have come off there, he was down and they did some helmet pulling at the bottom of the pile to get him out for a play. He made it clear he wouldn't stand for that and the issue was over. Hope that attitude comes out against UGA when they do crap like pile-driving our players. I don't want him hitting anyone, but "voicing concern" is always appreciated.
When this was happening live, I thought the only reason why Vad would be so mad is because he thought a UNC player ripped his helmet off. However, if you look at the play, it just looks like it slid off while he was falling backwards.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
IMO I think Vad was just fired up because it was a hard run and he wanted to create a spark for his team. I don't think he was mad at any player...just one of those " lets go" moments...but I could be wrong. Also I thought his helmet came off right when he got hit. I can't imagine any player trying to take someone's helmet off, I just don't think anybody would be thinking about that while trying to make a tackle.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If you try and drive a guy's head into the ground with your forearm, you can pry his helmet off.