UNC at MBS kickoff at 7:30p

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I may be the only one who doesn't know this, but how did we end up with a game in Atlanta but not at Bobby Dodd?
you are the omly one not to know but that is ok. tech signed a deal with mercedes benz stadium management to play one game a year there in exchange for money. If not for covid, i believe last year's game might have been notre dame. How much money we get i can't remember but benz people can pick game it appears each year as long as not uga game. They picked unc this year. I'm sure clemson game is headed there some years and other likely are if we play fsu or notre dame at home. We need the money in all fairness to stansbury.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The Mercedes Benz website hasn’t been very helpful. Does anyone know what food options are in the harrahs club? Is it the same as outside or are there unique items there.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Are they going to be the same prices for concessions as they do for the Falcons games or they going to be higher. Blank said when they built it the concessions would be whole lot cheaper than it was in the Georgia dome?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
This is all about money. Last year was supposed to be Notre Dame. Next year is Clemson (kickoff game) and 2024 is Notre Dame. Though NC is only going to be the lower bowl for seats, Clemson and Notre Dame will be sellouts with full stadium capacity. At nearly 70K fans and ticket cost ~$75 versus Bobby Dodd 55K fans and maybe $50 per game, it is a big difference in ticket revenue. I do think it will also help with recruits to play in a NFL stadium (though of course after last Sunday, you could debate whether we have a NFL team). But my guess is with a big name opponent filling the place, we get at least double the gate. I hate giving up Bobby Dodd and having Mercedes Benz filled with visiting fans. But I think TS is looking for any way to grab more revenue.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Are they going to be the same prices for concessions as they do for the Falcons games or they going to be higher. Blank said when they built it the concessions would be whole lot cheaper than it was in the Georgia dome?
Same prices as the Falcons game. Blank has guaranteed that the prices will never change for different events. The prices set are the prices for all events.

RW22

Georgia Tech Fan
Has anyone been able to successfully login to the Mercedes Benz app to gain access to your tickets?