ultimate disrespect

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
South Carolina sportswriter Kevin Mccreary which hosts a state wide sports talk show on his radio show tonight said Quote "Bank on it If I were you I would Bet your mortgage and your children's college education that Clemson is going to blow out GT ; He host the south Carolina sports radio network show, which is every night throughout the state

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
South Carolina sportswriter Kevin Mccreary which hosts a state wide sports talk show on his radio show tonight said Quote "Bank on it If I were you I would Bet your mortgage and your children's college education that Clemson is going to blow out GT ; He host the south Carolina sports radio network show, which is every night throughout the state

A lot of homeless and uneducated people in South Carolina? The public schools in the state outside the major cities (Columbia, Charleston etc.) were disasters when I lived in the state.

I don't think we are going to win; but I don't think we are going to get blown out at all. This team never gave up last year when it would have be easy to give up. Lay down, bleed a while and get up and fight some more.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Listening to Kahuna here in the Charleston area driving home from work. One fan called in and said that Clemson was going to win big because "they've been talking so much trash over there at Tech this week." Went on to say "they've already been threatening to take out Ben Boulware's knees."

Did I miss something or do people actually just make stuff up like this hoping to motivate the team? Or is he just hearing fans talking?

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Listening to Kahuna here in the Charleston area driving home from work. One fan called in and said that Clemson was going to win big because "they've been talking so much trash over there at Tech this week." Went on to say "they've already been threatening to take out Ben Boulware's knees."

Did I miss something or do people actually just make stuff up like this hoping to motivate the team? Or is he just hearing fans talking?

Made up nonsense. No one on our team has been threatening to take out anyone's knees. The idiot probably believes everything he reads on social media.

Acmnni1

Georgia Tech Fan
It's a given when you play GT that they are going to chop block and go straight at your knees. It's just a fact. GTs offensive line is coached to cut block and dive at the defenders knees. I don't know of anyone claiming that some players are stating that they are going to try and take a guy out, but by the nature of the way they are coached to block, it's bound to happen. Death, taxes, and GT diving at people's knees, all a given. Everyone that plays them knows what's coming, you just cross your fingers and hope you get lucky.

bass ackwards

Georgia Tech Fan
I won't claim to have seen every single play, but I've watched most games since CPJ started in '08 and the first time I've seen a defender have to go to the sideline as a direct result of a cut block was this past Saturday. I think it was #52 from Vandy and he wasn't out long.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It's a given when you play GT that they are going to chop block and go straight at your knees. It's just a fact. GTs offensive line is coached to cut block and dive at the defenders knees. I don't know of anyone claiming that some players are stating that they are going to try and take a guy out, but by the nature of the way they are coached to block, it's bound to happen. Death, taxes, and GT diving at people's knees, all a given. Everyone that plays them knows what's coming, you just cross your fingers and hope you get lucky.

Troll much? I'll bight.....Do you actually know the difference between a cut and a chop?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Congrats! You're number two to go on ignore!

The other is our resident fashionista. I actually went to the vandy game in a blue shirt(powder blue to be exact!) and to my surprise I didn't spontaneously combust! I flew back from my home in Jackson hole and I planned on grabbing a shirt before the game but didn't have time. Grabbed a nice vintage gold one after the game but guess what?! It's a dang white out Thursday! I'm screwed!!!

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I won't claim to have seen every single play, but I've watched most games since CPJ started in '08 and the first time I've seen a defender have to go to the sideline as a direct result of a cut block was this past Saturday. I think it was #52 from Vandy and he wasn't out long.

Did he come back in the game? I thought it looked like his ACL ripped to shreds. I hope I'm wrong, hate to see any of those guys get hurt for any team.

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
Chop block vs cut block. Understand football or go watch footy.

I heard that today to, I was wondering if I had missed something. Bobby in Charleston cracks me up. Who is the head at that station that is the Tech man?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
GT hasn't injured a single lineman with cut blocks. One gruesome injury I can remember was to a U Maryland DL and it was from a normal block, not a cut or chop. It's completely legal and even Clemson does it REGULARLY. Watch your guards on any given play. Unless they are pass protecting and only assigned to one guy they are likely going to cut someone. Because we actually teach it and are good at it makes us safer at it. We actually get penalized least in the ACC for illegal chop penalties. I can't find the source but there's a reason coaches don't really complain about it anymore. The complaint is rooted in fiction