UGH!!!

Body Massage Machine

Georgia Tech Fan
It's a long season. They looked good, but week 1 over reactions are the worse. There are about 10 other teams in the top 25 that would have probably had similar success against Clemson. And remember, Clemson is highly capable of Clemsoning at any given moment. Remember West Virginia?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I really hate to even have to bring this topic up. But after watching the Clempsun .VS. UGAg game on Saturday, I am getting a little worried. It could either mean Clemson isnt very good OR UGag has finally got it together. I saw a team that went 5 deep at RB with not alot of drop off. They didnt have their top 2 WRs either. I believe that the only hope we may have is Mason not being able to throw very well, or the Def. not being able to slow down other offenses. If were gonna be honest, they really had alot of bad luck last season with injuries to key players. If they stay reasonably healthy... With their luck, and the SEC East being complete garbage, I just dont know what could happen. Am I alone in this feeling or did anybody else get that crappy feeling in the pit of their stomach? I love being able to hold our hat on the most recent MNC, If we lose that... I feel the obnoxiousism will reach untolerable levels. Let me end this spiel with a THWG and Go Jackets!
Understand completely. Georgia is good this year. Last year they played most of the season, until they got to Tech, without a lot of healthy or good running backs. Gurley may be the best running back in the country.
Clemson was way overrated before the start of this season. They will no doubt regroup and make some improvements but I do not believe they are even the second best team in their division this year.
So all of that is to say, too early to judge Georgia based on a revenge game against a much weaker Clemson team.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It's a long season. They looked good, but week 1 over reactions are the worse. There are about 10 other teams in the top 25 that would have probably had similar success against Clemson. And remember, Clemson is highly capable of Clemsoning at any given moment. Remember West Virginia?
I agree. If you want to go by Week 1 performances then Alabama and FSU really aren't that great, UCLA, Clemson, and South Carolina maybe shouldn't even be ranked and Texas A&M is one of the best teams in the country. Its hard to say which of these are actually true.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I remember feeling the same way in 2008, when they had Stafford, Moreno, Massewhateverhisnameis and Greene.
I never felt that way about that team for the simple fact that Stafford isnt the smartest QB on the field MOST of the time. Mason may or may not be good... But when they get their WRs back, theyll have playmakers everywhere.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I never felt that way about that team for the simple fact that Stafford isnt the smartest QB on the field MOST of the time. Mason may or may not be good... But when they get their WRs back, theyll have playmakers everywhere.
Mason is the weak link in the UGA offense. Teams will eventually try to exploit that. He got by in the Clemson game by just handing the ball off and making short dump off passes. At some point teams are going to sell out to stop the run and Mason is going to have to make some throws.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gurley is a transcendent talent. He pretty much beat us himself last year...we just couldn't bring him down. Not only is he a threat running, but you have to allocate more guys to defend him and that leaves other areas of your defense vulnerable. Kinda like how other teams stack the line against us.

UGA's offense was OK in the first half against Clemson, they were spectacular in the 2nd half once they gave Gurley the ball more. UGA goes as Gurley goes this season.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Watson looked good for Clemson before I started seeing triple vision. Imagine he'll be starting vs us?

Watson is going to be special in that offense. He made some NFL caliber throws in his first drive. Not going to be fun playing Clemson the next 3-4 years he's there.

I think they're trying to bring him along slowly. Stoudt wasn't that bad...he just didn't have time as UGA was getting into the backfield a lot. All about the pass rush in this day and age. How you defend it, and how you can bring it.

I'm right there with you. We will have to play a perfect game just to stay close with them this year. They look scary good.
Same song, 33rd verse. There are no years in the last fifty where we have not had to play our very best to be competitive with them. At least half a dozen times we have been the better team, but lost because we played poorly. This is not a new concept.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I kind of agree with that headline. They're not supposed to lose 1 game. They're supposed to lose them all!!

The Dogs certainly have the talent and opportunity but they are always loaded, cocked, and aimed at their feet with both barrels, and they have a long and consistent history of not playing whole games or whole seasons. I guess anything can happen.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
People lose their minds based on Week 1 performances.

Here's the thing about the UGA-Clemson game: Clemson was shutout the 2nd half and the game was tied at half time; UGA was up by 3 at the end of the 3rd Quarter. Gurley gained 109 of his 198 yards in the 4th Quarter alone and wasn't entirely impressive before that outside of the Kick Return and about 4 runs.

Bottom line is they saw something at half time and made some good defensive adjustments. Their offense was completely relying on their defense as they really only moved the ball at all when they started their possessions on the 50 yard or in Clemson territory. UGA dominated the field position game and Clemson's D just got worn out/lost faith when every one of Clemson's possessions in the 2nd half was a 3 and out.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Also if it weren't for a missed 34 yard FG in the 1st half, Clemson would've been up at half time and the game would've been tied heading into the 4th Q.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think it's pretty obvious what happened. U[sic]ga used the half to decode the signals coming in from the sideline. Read this about FSU in last year's BCS championship game. What's important to note from this article imo, is that FSU had no problem with it since they do it too and Fisher's mentor Saban does it. Now, Georgie has FSU's Pruitt.

CU had 21 pts in the 1st half and barely got a 1st down in the 2nd. I suspect that they may've been stealing def signals last year. Again, if so, it's part of the game, I guess, but I'm not sure it's the right time to start calling offensive signals in from the sideline.
Fascinating. I did not know that about the championship game.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Every year they think they will be national champions. They will screw up more than once, let their heads get big, further to fall.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I didnt post this to say GT needs to worry about what UGag is doing. I was just stating that their run game is VERY strong. Hopefully Clemson was just that bad on the road. AE87... I most definitely wouldnt put it past these coaches to find any advantage possible. I am stoked about our team this season. I see us being a tough out for everybody on our schedule. I was just wanting to know what yall thought of their game,schedule,and chances.

One thing going against them is BoBo, he will cost them a game at some point by ignoring or forgetting their awesome running game and falling in love with the pass or making a stupid play call in a critical situation.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The jury is still out on hutson mason, a good coach like Saben can scheme to shut their running game down and see what Hutson is made of.