UGH!!!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I agree on Clemson not being the same team. But they looked decent in the 1st half. Then got totally shut down after half. Im not saying Tech individually needs to be worrying about the mutts. Im just saying IF they stay healthy, with their schedule... It could be a perfect storm. Thats why they play the games though. Heres to hoping USCe and Tennessee are damn good for the rest of the season.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You have been watching ESPN and the SEC Network (Oh yeah one and the same) too much. Too early to know how good anyone is going to be. We should have beat the Mutts last year so I think we have a chance to beat them and anyone else on our schedule. We just have to play with heart and determination.

Go Jackets!

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw a game where UGA kept putting fresh legs in at RB and steamrolled the Clemson D. That worries me, as it should anyone that does not have a real deep DL. Who has that? Alabama? LSU?
But I also saw a Clemson team that apparently did not make any adjustments to UGA's game plan in the second half on O or D. UGA could finally be getting it together, but Clemson looked real bad. Or at least the Clemson I remember is back.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
From my perspective, the Clemson game plan on O was terrible. They were doing a good job at the end of the first half just running up the middle to keep the defense honest and then going play-action. After the half, I never really saw that again. I also thought it was interesting how they put Watson in and he led the O to a touchdown throwing a beautifully placed ball in a real small window for a TD, but that was the most significant playing time he had all game. I feel like they were all over the place, IMO.

I agree with the other posters on here. Those backs that uga have are straight havoc. Gameplaning for one of them is tough enough have having a four-headed monster is just blasphemy. Hopefully Spurrier can get his teams straight or uga will definitely be the team to beat out of the east, sadly enough.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I watched the first half with no sound (watching another show with my wife). Clemson does not suck at all in my opinion. I didn't see the second half, but in the first half I saw far more physicality of play than our game. Much more. Part of that was playing to a sold out and amped up crowd against a quality opponent.

I for one hope the entire UGAg team catches mono -- and later in the season. I won't know what we have till later (after Miami), maybe some others do.

Let's enjoy the season as it unfolds. I really enjoyed the Woffard game and never thought we were going to lose. I intend to enjoy the Tulane game too. Perhaps even more since we have a game watching. The season is too short to not enjoy these games as they come.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Bit early to be worrying about the mutts but I'll add my two cents on their game here as well. Clemson has a very stout D. They did get worn down in the second half due to piss poor offense. Clemson offense was pretty much screen pass, short rush, screen pass...repeat. No deep threat at all and the UGA D recognized this and crashed the box. Then the rout ensued. Clemson will struggle on O unless they can find a playmaker at WR. The frosh QB that played a bit late will probly be the starter well before we play them. Clemson D will keep them respectable but I don't foresee a major bowl for them this year. UGA running backs are amazing. QB need only manage the game and make a few 3rd down conversions here and there. If Mike Bozo can resist the temptation to throw as much as he likes the RBs will carry UGA. UGA D....still to be determined...Clemson O is just that bad IMO.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
The thought of them making the championship game is nauseating and their schedule sets up nicely for them this year. They probably do have the best staple of running backs in the country this year and let's face it UGA always has top talent year in and year out but always stumble somewhere. I agree with others that it's too early to worry about them winning it all just yet but they have a good shot. Even if they beat SC, they have Auburn later in the year and the SEC Championship, a loss late could push them out of the picture, two for sure!!!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think it's pretty obvious what happened. U[sic]ga used the half to decode the signals coming in from the sideline. Read this about FSU in last year's BCS championship game. What's important to note from this article imo, is that FSU had no problem with it since they do it too and Fisher's mentor Saban does it. Now, Georgie has FSU's Pruitt.

CU had 21 pts in the 1st half and barely got a 1st down in the 2nd. I suspect that they may've been stealing def signals last year. Again, if so, it's part of the game, I guess, but I'm not sure it's the right time to start calling offensive signals in from the sideline.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I didnt post this to say GT needs to worry about what UGag is doing. I was just stating that their run game is VERY strong. Hopefully Clemson was just that bad on the road. AE87... I most definitely wouldnt put it past these coaches to find any advantage possible. I am stoked about our team this season. I see us being a tough out for everybody on our schedule. I was just wanting to know what yall thought of their game,schedule,and chances.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It was a 24 point win against a team that lost a ton of skill players to the NFL and several other players to injury/suspension. This game had a high risk of blowout going into it. I give Clemson credit for hanging tough in the first half but there was too much missing on the Clemson side to expect much more than what happened. Its hard to read too much into how good either team will be this year.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember feeling the same way in 2008, when they had Stafford, Moreno, Massewhateverhisnameis and Greene.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
As much as I Hate them, Gurley is fun to watch. They trucked over Climpson in the 2nd Half.
One thing I saw was that defensively they made adjustments and began to beat Climpson off the blocks.
I'm gonna wait to see what they look like against USCe before I anoint them NC challenging team.