UGH!!!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I really hate to even have to bring this topic up. But after watching the Clempsun .VS. UGAg game on Saturday, I am getting a little worried. It could either mean Clemson isnt very good OR UGag has finally got it together. I saw a team that went 5 deep at RB with not alot of drop off. They didnt have their top 2 WRs either. I believe that the only hope we may have is Mason not being able to throw very well, or the Def. not being able to slow down other offenses. If were gonna be honest, they really had alot of bad luck last season with injuries to key players. If they stay reasonably healthy... With their luck, and the SEC East being complete garbage, I just dont know what could happen. Am I alone in this feeling or did anybody else get that crappy feeling in the pit of their stomach? I love being able to hold our hat on the most recent MNC, If we lose that... I feel the obnoxiousism will reach untolerable levels. Let me end this spiel with a THWG and Go Jackets!

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm right there with you. We will have to play a perfect game just to stay close with them this year. They look scary good.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I'm right there with you. We will have to play a perfect game just to stay close with them this year. They look scary good.
Hell they could beat us 57-14 and I wouldnt care... As long as they dont win the first college football playoff trophy.. Ill be a happy camper. Im just going off what my eyes were telling me. I know we have to wait a few weeks before we know whos good and whos not. But I just dont see alot of powerhouses in CFB this year. Most of the great teams are breaking in new QBs or started off slow. We shall see though.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Well, when Chubb and company came in the Clemson D was gassed. The key to beating them is to own the TOP. Take some chances to get their O off the field, and grind it out on their D. We will have to keep our D fresh.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Don't over-react to one game. Wait and see how they look after 4 games, then decide...

I really hate to even have to bring this topic up. But after watching the Clempsun .VS. UGAg game on Saturday, I am getting a little worried. It could either mean Clemson isnt very good OR UGag has finally got it together. I saw a team that went 5 deep at RB with not alot of drop off. They didnt have their top 2 WRs either. I believe that the only hope we may have is Mason not being able to throw very well, or the Def. not being able to slow down other offenses. If were gonna be honest, they really had alot of bad luck last season with injuries to key players. If they stay reasonably healthy... With their luck, and the SEC East being complete garbage, I just dont know what could happen. Am I alone in this feeling or did anybody else get that crappy feeling in the pit of their stomach? I love being able to hold our hat on the most recent MNC, If we lose that... I feel the obnoxiousism will reach untolerable levels. Let me end this spiel with a THWG and Go Jackets!
Afraid I have to agree with you. Really sickening to think about.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
We will beat them, we just can't afford many injuries. They had great RB's last year, really good QB last year and we pushed them into overtime.
UGA put up 450 years on Clemson, we put about that much on Clemson last year 440, 480 the year before.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We will beat them, we just can't afford many injuries. They had great RB's last year, really good QB last year and we pushed them into overtime.
UGA put up 450 years on Clemson, we put about that much on Clemson last year 440, 480 the year before.
I hope we do. But Murray was hurt against us, Masons first start ever. They were down a bunch of RBs and WRs when they arrived at BDS. Not trying.to be a debbie downer but Grantham is gone and he is why their D sucked so bad recently.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It made me uneasy too. But it is a long time until then, as others have said. Just based on what I saw Saturday, we might be capable of trading scores with them and finally winning a close one. You never know how a GT-UGA game will go based on what has happened before.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson's O looked like hot garbage in the second half.... They had two or three 3 and outs it seemed like in the 3rd quarter. There D was dead tired, nit taking anything away from the mutts but Clemson looks like they dropped off significantly from last season....

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
One thing is for sure, blitzing the A gap shutdown the Clemson offense. Even when it was picked up (and that was more often than not) it disrupted the pocket and the timing of the Clemson offense

Regardless of how badly they played last Thursday, NEVER NEVER underestimate a Steve Spurrier coached team. He hates Georgia as much as the most ardent Tech fan, and he's a damn good coach. If he has the talent everyone thought he would have this year, then he will pull out all the stops to beat the mutts. He may be our only chance.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is straight up trash. They played like crap. They pulled a Clemson and I'm not surprised. They poop their pants against SEC school 9 times out of 10. Dabo is a nice guy but not a great coach. We will beat Clemson this year and have another close game with the mutts.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I said earlier, I don't know why everybody thinks that the Tiggers are such hot stuff this year. With Boyd, Watkins, Ellington, and company out there against what is still a questionable Dwag D, I think they would have won. Instead, their WRs spent most of the game dropping the ball and what they euphemistically call a "running game" was consistently stuffed. Oh, and their D sucked too. No doubt they'll get better as the year goes on, but so will everybody else.

As to the Dwags, they looked pretty good, mainly because Gurley and Marshall are back and healthy. I noticed that Richt was careful to keep Gurley off the field part of the time; obviously, he remembers last year. I thought they looked good on O, excellent on special teams, and so-so on D. They'll be a handful for everybody this year, but we almost beat them last year with Gurley healthy. But no need for Tech to worry about anybody else at this stage anyhow; we obviously have work to do.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
After watching the Clemson - UGA game I came to one conclusion. We have 9 games to play before we play Clemson and 10 (plus an extra off week) before we play UGA. There is no reason for me to be concerned about either of them at this point in the season. I will watch the Tulane game next weekend. There is too much football to be played for me to be worrying about the last two games of the season. That "bad luck" with injuries could just as easily hit them this year.

I'll worry about UGA and their status in late November.