#UGAvsGT Postgame. 45-0, Tech loses

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Most if not all of the Top 10 teams aren't playing a true freshman at center, walk-ons, and sophomores across the line. Two years of CGC true recruits is what we have now, i.e. Sophomores or Redshirt freshman. Spend a moment reviewing the roster...

... You might feel a little better about it's future.

Or if this coaching staff remains, you may feel worse…😂😂

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Most if not all of the Top 10 teams aren't playing a true freshman at center, walk-ons, and sophomores across the line. Two years of CGC true recruits is what we have now, i.e. Sophomores or Redshirt freshman. Spend a moment reviewing the roster...

... You might feel a little better about it's future.
Not just at GT, but at all schools this year. You have to keep in mind that 2020 didn't count. A true freshman can either be someone who went to his first summer camp in 2020 or in 2021. A "sophomore" this year would be called a junior in any year before COVID.

Not trying to say that we aren't young, but don't pay much attention to labels on rosters to make that determination.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Even getting beaten by the mascot. Ouch!

Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) Tweeted:
Enjoy this 20-second recap of the game https://t.co/wFL1SeP2Yh

I would have used uga's momentum and judo hip tossed him, then buried my shoulders into his stomach to knock the wind out of him. Someone teach Buzz to at least go low and use leverage. SMH...

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
It isn’t the reason for the loss at all. But it didn’t help.
The PI call gave them a TD. The non hold on the te screen gave them a score.
It doesn’t matter but it does.
Don't forget in the 4th when their player ran over Yates after he slipped and was clearly down

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Like I said in another thread, I tracked back to 1959 and couldn’t find consecutive shutouts. Curry did have a pair in 1982, and there was another pair in 1958.
Collins has at least 3 in three years.
Tell me when we played #6 and #1 back to back and that’s probably when if ever we were shut out back to back. Sadly, I was bothered by our other game performances more.

JacketMicMan

Georgia Tech Fan
And let's not forget that MAC team didn't win a single game last season. Pathetic.
And let's not forget that MAC team didn't win a single game last season. Pathetic.

And Northern Illinois won their division this year. Just depends on how negative you want a loss to appear.

Some on this board say this is year 3. I consider this year 1. We started with year 0. Then COVID year. Now year 1. I like the raw talent on this team. I like the recruits and commits comments. I like the decision to keep Collins. I also agree that I would like to see a new defensive coordinator.

Continue bickering. Some probably wanted to get rid of CJP…and probably cheered when we took home a banner last year.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck

And Northern Illinois won their division this year. Just depends on how negative you want a loss to appear.

Some on this board say this is year 3. I consider this year 1. We started with year 0. Then COVID year. Now year 1. I like the raw talent on this team. I like the recruits and commits comments. I like the decision to keep Collins. I also agree that I would like to see a new defensive coordinator.

Continue bickering. Some probably wanted to get rid of CJP…and probably cheered when we took home a banner last year.
Are you Geoff ??

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer

That is so funny! wow, its likes playing twister to find a way to spin something good out of this clown show.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Todd is that you ?

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Understandably, much of the discussion centered around uga. I get that. But it was obvious they did essentially ZERO research on GT and were just wrong about important things.
What got me was at the beginning of the game there was a screen pass to Mason on 3rd and long where the announcer said "Mason caught the ball with absolutely no chance to get anywhere close to a first down" which wouldn't have been that bad except he said it as soon as Mason caught it and started to run with only one guy around him. Mason actually made that guy miss and got within 2 yards of the first. At least let the play finish before you trash talk the players. He actually made that same statement a few more times during other plays too.

I understood that the broadcasting was going to be focused on ugag as they are ranked #1 and we were 3 and 8 going into the game. The issue was at least one of them sounded like a die hard ugag fan calling the game. I watched it recorded and pretty much skipped all the talk between plays but what I heard from the one announcer was completely biased announcing. I did feel like Dan Orlovsky tried to keep it fair and had at least some positive things to say about us (at least in what I heard).

Techster

Helluva Engineer
At this point, I'm just numb to our losses. Honestly, I thought UGA could have made it worse than 45-0. I just wanted to get through this game and close this season.

One thing that REALLY bothered me about this game is how bad the self awareness of some of our players are. That points back to our "culture" and our coaching. Someone will have to explain why our players thought jawing off after each play was a good look when we were down in the second half. It seemed like every time UGA made a play for a first down or a nice gain, one of our guys would jaw off...like dude, they just made a good play on us, and we're down multiple touchdowns with no offensive threat, why the eff are you talking sh!t?! Embarassing.

Guess I wasn't the only one that was tired of seeing it:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame had one shutout this year, and it was us.
Georgia, to their credit, shut out 3 teams this year. Vandy was their biggest win at 62-0.

The main culprit is that we’re not a good team. It’s our worst 3 year stretch since 1979-1981 (40 years). 1980 and 1981 were worse, but we have much more talent on the team now versus then.

The back to back shutouts are one more example.
I agree with this. I think it's the combination of playing good teams and being anemic at the end of the year. I think had injured players played today we would have scored. Last week too. It wouldn't have changed the outcome, but we would not have been shut out.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I’m in upper east and damn if that wasn’t the worst hostile takeover of upper east I’ve ever seen. Sometimes it’s majority other team fans with a healthy Tech congregation near the middle, but the whole entire thing was solid red today.
Here’s what the upper east looked like from the upper north, and I’m sure the UN looked worse than that.
68104E99-13DB-4730-A18C-FD25CCD17DA0.jpeg