#UGAvsGT Postgame. 45-0, Tech loses

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Collins rightfully focused only on the seniors.

Let's wait for the house cleaning to see what's next.

One day closer to baseball.
I agree. Everyone is interested in tomorrow, but today should be about the seniors who are leaving.

Interesting that the list of names of those seniors was mostly grad-transfers, walk-ons, and a couple of guys who have exhausted their eligibility. Is there a list of players that walked somewhere? I looked but couldn't find it.

I saw a tweet from Tre about it being his last game. He still has a year of eligibility if he wanted, but his brother (Jordan-Swilling) is done, I'm pretty sure. Collins didn't mention Swilling.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Like I said in another thread, I tracked back to 1959 and couldn’t find consecutive shutouts. Curry did have a pair in 1982, and there was another pair in 1958.
Collins has at least 3 in three years.
Have we played 2 Top10 (possibly Top5) teams back-to-back when we weren't a good team?

We could have kicked a FG today when we were on the 28, but chose to go for it on 4th and 9.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m in my mid twenties. I have never seen GT beat UGA in person (I never go to Athens). At this point I’m not sure I ever will. I’m not sure I will ever get to bring my kids to big time college football games at Bobby Dodd. Today was the first time I’ve ever seen us legitimately out numbered in our own stadium. I’ve been to every uga game at Bobby Dodd since 09. I’m very down on the prospects of the future of our program. GT football is my favorite sports team of all time and it’s not particularly close. I’m worried the rest of my life will be spent watching my favorite team slowly wither up and die. Am I crazy to be worried about that?
Good points. There does not appear much to be positive about at this point, other than mercifully the season has ended.

Some of the participants on this board have been around for a few years… this is not the first time in the past 40 or 50 years that this program has reached low points in successive seasons. Not our first rodeo.

So for us fans that have had to previously endure seasons such as 1980, many of us got to see 1990.

I hope you don’t give up, but to each their own. Better days are ahead.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I’m in upper east and damn if that wasn’t the worst hostile takeover of upper east I’ve ever seen. Sometimes it’s majority other team fans with a healthy Tech congregation near the middle, but the whole entire thing was solid red today.

Reposting this here.

Attachments

• C6916095-168C-429E-ADAE-754DABE1C6C4.jpeg
    C6916095-168C-429E-ADAE-754DABE1C6C4.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Where did he say he “lost the team”? That’s a “game over” statement from a coach. What time in the presser did he say that?
I think someone would have posted that

Lol. ****, I didn’t know we could get outscored 100-0 in a two week span due to bounces not going our way. Apparently I don’t understand football as well as I thought I did.

slugboy

Staff member
Have we played 2 Top10 (possibly Top5) teams back-to-back when we weren't a good team?

We could have kicked a FG today when we were on the 28, but chose to go for it on 4th and 9.
Notre Dame had one shutout this year, and it was us.
Georgia, to their credit, shut out 3 teams this year. Vandy was their biggest win at 62-0.

The main culprit is that we’re not a good team. It’s our worst 3 year stretch since 1979-1981 (40 years). 1980 and 1981 were worse, but we have much more talent on the team now versus then.

The back to back shutouts are one more example.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I’m in upper east and damn if that wasn’t the worst hostile takeover of upper east I’ve ever seen. Sometimes it’s majority other team fans with a healthy Tech congregation near the middle, but the whole entire thing was solid red today.
Evidence from my seats just before kickoff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211127-194531.jpg
    Screenshot_20211127-194531.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 93

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I’m getting tired of this narrative. The 2020 recruits will be juniors next year. If they aren’t mature enough by then to not look like a cheese cloth LOS they likely won’t pan out.
Most if not all of the Top 10 teams aren't playing a true freshman at center, walk-ons, and sophomores across the line. Two years of CGC true recruits is what we have now, i.e. Sophomores or Redshirt freshman. Spend a moment reviewing the roster...

... You might feel a little better about it's future.