#UGAvsGT Postgame. 45-0, Tech loses

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m in my mid twenties. I have never seen GT beat UGA in person (I never go to Athens). At this point I’m not sure I ever will. I’m not sure I will ever get to bring my kids to big time college football games at Bobby Dodd. Today was the first time I’ve ever seen us legitimately out numbered in our own stadium. I’ve been to every uga game at Bobby Dodd since 09. I’m very down on the prospects of the future of our program. GT football is my favorite sports team of all time and it’s not particularly close. I’m worried the rest of my life will be spent watching my favorite team slowly wither up and die. Am I crazy to be worried about that?

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
This is the narrative I don't get. How the hell do you know that the resolve of the players takes a hit? Are you in the locker room? Are you in the dorms with these guys? Unless you are, it's just speculation. I think it's more that "the resolve of the fans takes a hit."
If you watched the last two games and failed to notice, you were not paying attention.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. I’m worried the rest of my life will be spent watching my favorite team slowly wither up and die. Am I crazy to be worried about that?
I would say that you are not crazy. If there is good news, it's that we have been here (or worse) before and have managed a way out of the desert. Hopefully, we shall again. Just takes leadership and resolve.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I dont remember hearing Money Down in the game. Props to whoever made the call on that.
I it just me the comment to a person sitting next to me I was so happy that they hadn't, then the started with iiiiiittttt's.and about threw up in my mouth. Thankfully they did say third down.

slugboy

Staff member
At the presser , Collins has said that

The program has taken a big step backwards the last two games, he did lose the team, and that changes in is staff will be looked at over the next few days.
Where did he say he “lost the team”? That’s a “game over” statement from a coach. What time in the presser did he say that?
I think someone would have posted that

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Totally side stepped the question about the fans and what to say to them.

Also, glad he told us that Ga was the No. 1 ranked team in the country multiple times. Didn't know that.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You know the sad part is we didn't play to win ( which we knew we wouldn't ) but we played to try and not loss so bad. And the real sad part we couldn't do that unless you think 45-0 was good.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Where did he say he “lost the team”? That’s a “game over” statement from a coach. What time in the presser did he say that?
I think someone would have posted that

This sounds just like our HC. Didn’t get bounces?!?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I’m in my mid twenties. I have never seen GT beat UGA in person (I never go to Athens). At this point I’m not sure I ever will. I’m not sure I will ever get to bring my kids to big time college football games at Bobby Dodd. Today was the first time I’ve ever seen us legitimately out numbered in our own stadium. I’ve been to every uga game at Bobby Dodd since 09. I’m very down on the prospects of the future of our program. GT football is my favorite sports team of all time and it’s not particularly close. I’m worried the rest of my life will be spent watching my favorite team slowly wither up and die. Am I crazy to be worried about that?
No I feel the same way. It saddened me to not really care today. Seeing us so bad is just expected and I’ve become so numb.

I am terrified we will be in the cellar with duke and Kansas. Football hasn’t been fun In a very long time. This is my favorite team.

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow
No I feel the same way. It saddened me to not really care today. Seeing us so bad is just expected and I’ve become so numb.

I am terrified we will be in the cellar with duke and Kansas. Football hasn’t been fun In a very long time. This is my favorite team.
I’m worried we’ll be worse off than Duke and Kansas tbh. They’re blue bloods in basketball, we’re not. I’m worried we’re gonna get completely left in the dust competing in the same, or maybe even worse, classifications as GaSt and GaSouthern in like 15-20 years.