UGA's Recruiting class OLine

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Went to check it out for kicks.
#3 rated class and all.
But yo check out how big this OLine is they have committed.
This is bigger than most NFL teams.
They should be able to run just off the size of this line. These are high school kids.

http://www.espn.com/colleges/georgia/football/recruiting/commitments

We'll see. (1) can they stay healthy? (2) can the get into shape? Size isn't everything and few things will sink an O lineman quicker than bad weight. When I see HS athletes at 320 plus I cringe, their bodies are not ready for the kind of weight as a rule.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
We'll see. (1) can they stay healthy? (2) can the get into shape? Size isn't everything and few things will sink an O lineman quicker than bad weight. When I see HS athletes at 320 plus I cringe, their bodies are not ready for the kind of weight as a rule.

There OLine coach built a similar line at Arkansas & Saban believes in huge lines, but your right about bad weight. 6'7 355 is ridiculous. There's not a player shorter than 6'4 less than 310. That's not a teenager that's a mountain.

Deleted member 2897

Isn't it amazing how you can have so much, yet crap the bed year after year? The problem is that uga has no idea how smart these guys may be, what their work ethic is like, how they may or may not fit into uga's scheme. Hell, Kirby may have not watched a minute of film. All they know is that they have good ratings and they want to win the ratings national championship every year. Regular football? Meh.

Milwaukee

Banned
They run it at will against us every year, this will only make it worse. Lol unfortunate truth.

They've always brought in great classes but this one this year is a monster. People are writing off Kirby way too quickly imo. Saban didn't look great his first year at Bama, he lost to UL Monroe in Tuscaloosa. Smart is no Saban, but only time will tell if he's a solid hire. 1 year isn't enough - and he just brought in a Bama-esque class so he has that going for him.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
They run it at will against us every year, this will only make it worse. Lol unfortunate truth.

They've always brought in great classes but this one this year is a monster. People are writing off Kirby way too quickly imo. Saban didn't look great his first year at Bama, he lost to UL Monroe in Tuscaloosa. Smart is no Saban, but only time will tell if he's a solid hire. 1 year isn't enough - and he just brought in a Bama-esque class so he has that going for him.
I still think the Jackets beat the Dwags because Kirby Smart will do some stupid coaching that causes UGAG to lose the big games.