uGag Series

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Just for comparisons sake. Here’s a look at the experience difference between the 2 teams.
Pitchers: since there’s been 3 weekends of college baseball, I’ll count 3 appearances or innings as the qualifiers for “significant”
Georgia - 3 true freshman with 3+ innings or appearances, 1 RS Fr. 4 out of 11 “significant” contributors. 6 out of 15 overall.
Tech - 6 true freshman, plus Crawford who is effectively a RS FR. 7 out of 12 “significant” contributors. 9 out of 14 overall.​
Hitters: since Georgia has literally 1 player who is a freshman with an AB, I’ll just count everyone. My original idea was to only count those who have appeared in 5+ games as “significant”
Georgia - 1 true freshman. That’s it. 1 out of 13 “significant” contributors, 1 out of 14 overall.
Tech - 6 of Tech’s 14 hitter who have played in the “significant amount of 5 games are true freshmen. 9 of the 19 who have played at all are true freshmen.​
Totals: note players on both teams have appeared in games as both pitchers and hitters
Georgia - 5 out of 24 “significant” contributors thus far are true freshmen or RS freshmen. 6 out of 29 players who have appeared at all
Tech - 13 out of 26 “significant” contributors are freshmen or RS freshmen. 18 out of 33 players who have appeared at all.​
Conclusion: while Georgia is not significantly more talented than we are right now, they are astronomically more experienced. This fact will continue to show up as the year goes on, but next year we will be in mostly the same boat that Georgia is in this year.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Our biggest problem since 1964.

Last year did not turn out ok. It turned out sucking and being embarrassed in our own park - again.

It is as if people have become so brainwashed and beaten on the public square that they think "winning" is holding the regionals at home.

Instead of actually winning the game.
Your point is well taken. But apples & oranges. The "ok" part I'm talking about is the great season. We had to get to the #3 seed overall in first place. Not winning at that point did suck.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
So, we beat them when we aren't supposed to too. Like last year in baseball.
We never beat uga in anything when we’re not supposed to, but some reason the my can beat us all the time when we’re bette than them on paper

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
And this is why Friday's game was so painful. When you outplay a top team in the country, you have to close the game out. We should have won Friday 7 different ways. Very disappointing, because we knew we may not get another chance like that the rest of the series. And sure enough we didn't.

Here is the long view:
* Last year we entered the post season ranked #3 in the country.
* Last year after the first 6 games, we were 3-3.
* Last year after the first 11 games, we were 7-4.

Our record after the first 11 games this year? 7-4.
But we beat ugag last year 2 out of 3

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Unless we run through ACC play & end up in top 3 in the conference, expect to be slotted in the Athens regional by projections... probably all season. Can look forward to bouncing them from the tournament & hosting a super regional in June at Russ Chandler.
Don’t hold your breath

Deleted member 2897

So we shouldn’t be upset about being embarrassed by uga ? That’s what’s wrong with our so called fan base is that people don’t care

I didn’t say or imply either of those things. In fact, I’ve said the opposite.