UGA WR Riley Ridley arrested,Blue Badged Bagmen to the Rescue!!!

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
I just had this bleacher report come through my email regarding Ridley's arrest. I would not open it if not for the need to see where on the Fulmer Cup this lies. When I read the article it said something REALLY interesting:
"Officer Chase Pate of the ACCPD wrote that he pulled over a white Camaro after it failed to yield at the intersection of Baxter and Alps Road. The drive of the car turned out to be Alexis Turner, a 22-year-old female. Ridley was riding in the passenger seat.

Pate wrote that 'the odor of raw marijuana was present and coming from the window,' and then requested a backup officer. During that time, 'Ridley explained that he was an athlete and he requested to call someone to help the traffic stop ‘go a whole lot smoother,’ the officer wrote."

Gee, that sounds like the the UGA bagmen have a ridiculously far reach. My question is why would a college athlete need a special officer? He puts his pants on one leg at a time like the cop that pulled him over. Oh wait, it's because he is an athlete! Thats right! Thoughts and comments welcome and also recommend using Occam's Razor when applying logic to this situation.

Link to article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-ridley-arrested-for-possession-of-marijuana

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Based upon the article I don't think Ridley was requesting a "special" or officer familiar to him. I think he may have been making an implied offer to have someone pay the officer off. Certainly sounds like he also tried to use his status as an athlete as a "get out of jail free card."

Less than an ounce can be a large amount of dope. "Multiple small baggies" can lead to felony possession with intent to defraud a tribute depending on circumstances. He might be lucky to only be facing a misdemeanor charge.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone somewhere else mentioned that it could have been an attorney on call that does favors like this for the team. Either way, it sure does make it suspicious! Just the latest UGA SA to be added to Fulmer Cup 2017!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Speaking of special favors,Trans ams, and such. I heard some new Hershel info recently. 3rd hand so take it for what it's worth but my source is pretty reliable. The guy that spoke to him?

Anyway here's the story. Source is an AD at a high school here in Georgia. He says he is familiar with a guy who was an assistant at UGA during that era who told him the following story. Said UGA was away at Florida for a game. Hershel's shoes were either lost or stolen pregame so this guy had to scramble to find him shoes for the game. Found a pair the right size and gives them to Hershel. Hershel had a secret shoe contract with Adidas though and the replacement shoes weren't adidas. So Hershel tells the assistant he can't play vs UF. Can't play wearing non adidas so intended to sit out to avoid breaching the contract. So the assistant taped the shoes up and used a marker (a sharpie?) to draw adidas looking stripes on the taped up shoes, and Hershel played.

Now I want to find video of his games vs UF to get a look at his cleats and other games to see how many times / when he wore Adidas.