uga @ Tech for 2021 COFH

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Dwags honor what would’ve been our home game any way. When it was canceled last year was some talk of maybe UGA getting the home game they would’ve lost.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Dwags honor what would’ve been our home game any way. When it was canceled last year was some talk of maybe UGA getting the home game they would’ve lost.
I need some of what you are drinking.I hope im wrong but it might be a while before you see a pic like this again.

Attachments

• B10472DE-3DC2-4ACB-A5E6-34CD63412E74_1_105_c.jpeg
    B10472DE-3DC2-4ACB-A5E6-34CD63412E74_1_105_c.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 77

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
uga, UF, UK, and USC(e) ADs all voted to play their OoC rivalries. Bama and the rest of the $EC outvoted them. Either way, there was never any doubt we were going to have our home game against them this year.

It was 13-1 for conference only. USCe being the one that wanted to play their rivalry game. uga ducked us and they can laugh at that all they want given our respective records. But that doesn’t change the fact that they ducked us.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Just one more to remember what it felt like... 2016. When I played at Ga, we were told. " They only remember November" Fla, Aub and GT. GT vs UGA is a Huge game. My SR year 1984, we lost at home. It was horrible. Its still etched in my memory. This game is still the biggest game on the schedule. Maybe not for the uga fans that buy their hat at walmart, but fans who can read understand its still HATE. I will judge the current staff on their ability to compete w the SEC team up the road. November 27th ( My Birthday ) is right around the corner. I plan on being in the RV lot and hopefully watching some real Student Athletes win.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 7.51.22 AM 2.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 7.51.22 AM 2.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 32

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It was 13-1 for conference only. USCe being the one that wanted to play their rivalry game. uga ducked us and they can laugh at that all they want given our respective records. But that doesn’t change the fact that they ducked us.

That's the president's vote that finalized it. I'll have to dig up the article but in the initial proposal, the ADs voted and the 4 with ACC rivalries all voted to keep the game on the schedule. The presidents vote was to ratify the submitted proposal.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
That's the president's vote that finalized it. I'll have to dig up the article but in the initial proposal, the ADs voted and the 4 with ACC rivalries all voted to keep the game on the schedule. The presidents vote was to ratify the submitted proposal.
uga, UF, UK, and USC(e) ADs all voted to play their OoC rivalries. Bama and the rest of the $EC outvoted them. Either way, there was never any doubt we were going to have our home game against them this year.

The president of uga is still them. I stand by my original argument.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The president of uga is still them. I stand by my original argument.

My original post stipulated ADs, not presidents. See below.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I need some of what you are drinking.I hope im wrong but it might be a while before you see a pic like this again.
Love that pic, but By our home game I meant it would’ve been our home game this season. We would’ve played at UGA last year, so I was getting at this season would’ve been our home game, but UGA missed a home game vs us so they might’ve wanted it back.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Just one more to remember what it felt like... 2016. When I played at Ga, we were told. " They only remember November" Fla, Aub and GT. GT vs UGA is a Huge game. My SR year 1984, we lost at home. It was horrible. Its still etched in my memory. This game is still the biggest game on the schedule. Maybe not for the uga fans that buy their hat at walmart, but fans who can read understand its still HATE. I will judge the current staff on their ability to compete w the SEC team up the road. November 27th ( My Birthday ) is right around the corner. I plan on being in the RV lot and hopefully watching some real Student Athletes win.
good to see you're still around. What's the other son up to? Or do you have three?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
No. ONLY USCe voted to play their outside rivalry. Kentucky, Florida, and uga all voted to be conference only.

That was the presidents (official) vote. The ADs voted earlier and 4-5 of them voted to play. It was reported in a tweet at the time and there was a brief news snippet on it and then the Presidents went in unison to support the conference with the exception of USC(e), who stood on principle. No danger od uga standing on principle.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
good to see you're still around. What's the other son up to? Or do you have three?
Justin is married and living in Lynchburg VA. Working w International Paper. He out kicked his coverage :). Will is a strength coach at Middle Tennessee. He loves working w the SA's. Both are healthy and happy ! Also both are much smarter than their dad. They got out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 7.41.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 7.41.18 PM.png
    878.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    405.2 KB · Views: 95

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure I get the whole "they ducked us" regarding UGag this past season. I'm sure after beating us handily the last 3 years, they weren't sitting there thinking "we must duck Tech"

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Not sure I get the whole "they ducked us" regarding UGag this past season. I'm sure after beating us handily the last 3 years, they weren't sitting there thinking "we must duck Tech"
Nobody thinks they “ducked” Tech because they were scared to play. But the fact is they voted not to play. In a year with wild practice schedules while they had a question mark at QB before the year even started they took the safe bet. Maybe they thought an all SEC schedule would look good enough to get them into the playoff. Regardless of why, they didn’t want to play.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Nobody thinks they “ducked” Tech because they were scared to play. But the fact is they voted not to play. In a year with wild practice schedules while they had a question mark at QB before the year even started they took the safe bet. Maybe they thought an all SEC schedule would look good enough to get them into the playoff. Regardless of why, they didn’t want to play.

This bears repeating. The ADs in the initial vote were much more divided in playing OoC games. The 4 with ACC rivals all voted to play us. They were voted down. The proposition presented to the university presidents, who had final say, emphasized that not playing ANY OoC games would be better for COVID control. The idea presented was that ALL SEC schools would be on the same protocols, and not reliant on other conferences to have the same protocols. The presidents voted overwhelmingly to support the plan presented. The coaches and ADs at the SEC schools affected wanted the games for the revenue they bring.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This bears repeating. The ADs in the initial vote were much more divided in playing OoC games. The 4 with ACC rivals all voted to play us. They were voted down. The proposition presented to the university presidents, who had final say, emphasized that not playing ANY OoC games would be better for COVID control. The idea presented was that ALL SEC schools would be on the same protocols, and not reliant on other conferences to have the same protocols. The presidents voted overwhelmingly to support the plan presented. The coaches and ADs at the SEC schools affected wanted the games for the revenue they bring.
And it also bears repeating that it doesn’t matter if the coaches and ADs wanted to play. The schools, including UGA, voted no. So they didn’t play.