UGA Recruiting in Trouble

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm sure the NCAA is sniffing around, but I don't think that has anything to do with the firing/suspension. Smells like an improper work relationship. honestly.

I mean, I hope this is because of sanctions coming down but I just don't think that's the case ... yet.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s natural to smell something fishy anytime recruiting makes a significant jump at a school in a small period of time. Imagine we’ll start to get some looks soon. Which is a good thing - means you’re doing something worth paying attention to. Hopefully we have our ducks in a row.

Deleted member 2897

I mean this could be anything. And nothing. They could have been caught in an affair. I mean really it could be anything.

The only thing to me that is shocking about this is that uGA cares. That's the biggest question mark - of all the cheating they've been involved in over the years, what could have happened that would make them care?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like inappropriate relationship to me. Maybe with each other or, since one was fired and one suspended, it was with student athletes or prospective ones. I doubt that the NCAA will blink at this.

As for us, the number of higher ups that are resigning/being fired because of ethics is a strong wake-up call to the athletic department. I doubt that we will suffer like Ole Miss and rise and fall like a tide.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Smells like an improper work relationship. honestly.

They fired the junior person and suspended the senior person. If it was an improper relationship, it would have gone the opposite direction.

The common thread seems to be that both are involved in on-campus recruiting activities: she scheduled and attended events, he approved them. If I had to guess, there was an inappropriate on-campus event for recruits, which she fully knew about (and was fired) and he did not properly put protocols in place to prevent (and was suspended).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They fired the junior person and suspended the senior person. If it was an improper relationship, it would have gone the opposite direction.

Call my cynical but I'm not buying her as the "senior" person although the titles seem to suggest that.

Honestly, and call me even more cynical, I'm not buying her as anything more than recruit eye candy disguised as a "coordinator" of some sort.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Call my cynical but I'm not buying her as the "senior" person although the titles seem to suggest that.

Honestly, and call me even more cynical, I'm not buying her as anything more than recruit eye candy disguised as a "coordinator" of some sort.
She was the junior person and fired. He was her boss and was suspended.

Granted there could have been more to it that resulted in her firing instead of a suspension, but from the outside it look like an on campus recruiting violation that she coordinated and he knew about (or should have known about).

herb

Helluva Engineer

Granted there could have been more to it that resulted in her firing instead of a suspension, but from the outside it look like an on campus recruiting violation that she coordinated and he knew about (or should have known about).

According to some of the rumors on the interwebs, allegedly, it was some extra benefits on housing (?) and some apparel.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

You're probably right but ...

... this is uga we're talking about so I'm gonna lean to the more salacious stuff until we know for sure. Deal? :D

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Ugas rivals board is strongly pushing that it is not an inappropriate work relationship, and to stop that rumor ASAP. Does look to be something compliance related

herb

Helluva Engineer
Ugas rivals board is strongly pushing that it is not an inappropriate work relationship, and to stop that rumor ASAP. Does look to be something compliance related

You would have to be an idiot to fire the subordinate and keep the boss if it were an inappropriate relationship

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Why do they want to stop a rumor that it was a personnel issue and promote a rumor that it was a recruiting violation?

because uga is absolutely screwed either way, no point in trying to ruin someones future career out of something that is a rumor.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If the NCAA finds that UGa has some recruiting violation, I am sure that the NCAA will dole out a punishment... To GT... Because someone has to be punished. [emoji6]

herb

Helluva Engineer
If the NCAA finds that UGa has some recruiting violation, I am sure that the NCAA will dole out a punishment... To GT... Because someone has to be punished. [emoji6]
That’s only funny because it’s totally true, watch out CGC, the wolves are coming

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
because uga is absolutely screwed either way, no point in trying to ruin someones future career out of something that is a rumor.
Two people punished for a consensual relationship doesn’t screw uGA or those two people. Two people punished for recruiting violations screws uGA and the people involved (since it’s literally their job to avoid recruiting violations).