UGA Postgame Discussion

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m not talking trash. I’m merely pointing out the pathetic excuse for a university run over there by using uGA’s own numbers. If you think 41% is wrong, take it up with uGA. If it bothers you that you’ve sold the soul of your university and made it a punchline in order to win a football game, then take it up with uGA.

If you don’t want to play us anymore, then take it up with uGA. Your strength of schedule will decrease if you drop us though. Personally, I don’t want to associate with people who bastardize college athletics, but it’s not my choice.

Congratulations on Running This Stait.

1xKxSCo.jpg
Are you assuming I’m at UGA fan?

bfunk16

Georgia Tech Fan
I haven’t verified it like I have with the dwag sign on video, but it’s all over the place, so I assume so. I’m going to make a point to watch game videos tomorrow to find it.

Just watched the replay, and it’s photoshopped. It’s at the very end of the broadcast when they are showing the final score.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
You know I have read this entire thread, off and on over the past 24 hours. When you get your butt kicked like we did yesterday, it introduces a lot of self doubt into the organization. You tend to go to into all kind of self analysis as to what the hell went wrong and how could we be this bad. But you know, this is just football. It's always been this way. Yeah there are a few programs that have established themselves as the so called elite and UGA is close to that level if not in it along with Clemson and Alabama. But nothing lasts forever, and climbing that National Championship ladder is a big climb for everybody. We actually have done it more recently than UGA has. Some one mentioned that 1 or 2 points determine 3 or 4 games a year for most teams regardless of Conference or affiliation. This year we won a few more of those than we did last year, and so we get a reward this year we did not enjoy last year. In reality, this team performed about up to it's potential. We did not have a dynamic QB which you have to have to have a special season. We did not have an alpha male leader on D to set the tone and insure our defense played every play like their hair was on fire. Maybe we will develop and attain those assets in the near future. The truth is Georgia does have better talent, facilities and more resources than us and it's been that way since the mid 60's. Yet we have managed to beat them 2 out of the last 4. Football is like that. We have to make some breaks, play inspired football and have some luck to beat them nowadays. It's been that way for while. It is not impossible to do.

All is not lost. A big part of my life long loyalty to Georgia Tech football is based on what it represents. It represents doing things the right way, developing quality young men and a history and tradition that is unmatched. We have a lot to build on and a good opportunity to have an even better season in 2019. The Coach's and players come and go and as long as they are part of our program I support them. That doesn't mean I do not criticize them and I consider Georgia Tech football bigger than any Coach or player or fan for that matter. Will we get our butt kicked again. Most assuredly. It happens to everybody sooner or later. Will we be a competitive football program. You bet your sweet arse we will be.

I have seen some really great Georgia Tech teams and some really bad ones over my 60 plus years of following the Yellow Jackets. I feel certain there will be many more great ones along with some occasional duds over the next 60 years to come. I plan to continue being a fan and enjoy the seasons I do have left to be a Tech fan. I always feel that the program is doing the absolute best it can to be the best that it can. Sometimes mistakes are made and sometimes the best laid plans just don't work out. In any event, I hope you will stick around and enjoy the ride. Being a Tech fan builds character which appears to be in short supply sometimes.

Go Jackets!
Doing the best we can? We aren't even close my man. Im not just gonna sit here accept the garbage we saw Saturday. You can do that but i will not.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe it’s because a number of uga fans act like trash. Look at gameday photos outside the stadium.
Every school has fans that trash talk and brag and do things against the other schools. It’s part of the game for fans. More GT fans would do more bragging and trash talking and being aggravating too if we were a top program and was able to back up acting and talking like that. We don’t have the room to do it. Two years ago in Athens we cut hedges and they’re fans went nuts about that. I’ve seen their fans now that are livid at CPJ because they feel he disrespected them by calling a time out that late in the game in order to try and score which we did and he did that after Kirby had taken so many guys out to not run the score up on us.

To me I do believe he showed respect by doing that but at the same time it hoped him to take guys out to avoid injuries for their sec championship game.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Doing the best we can? We aren't even close my man. Im not just gonna sit here accept the garbage we saw Saturday. You can do that but i will not.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you have to look what other schools are doing as well, and not just your wants/opinions. Reality is, what we saw Saturday is something that a handful of teams can do to pretty much everyone. We are not a powerhouse so it’s kind of just the reality of what happens.

northgajacket

Banned
Every school has fans that trash talk and brag and do things against the other schools. It’s part of the game for fans. More GT fans would do more bragging and trash talking and being aggravating too if we were a top program and was able to back up acting and talking like that. We don’t have the room to do it. Two years ago in Athens we cut hedges and they’re fans went nuts about that. I’ve seen their fans now that are livid at CPJ because they feel he disrespected them by calling a time out that late in the game in order to try and score which we did and he did that after Kirby had taken so many guys out to not run the score up on us.

To me I do believe he showed respect by doing that but at the same time it hoped him to take guys out to avoid injuries for their sec championship game.

Uga fans act like trash and it has been that way for decades. Yes uga won the game but the trash talking is mostly about how in the end it is a marginal part of life not about the game. As for the hedges, they are technically weeds and an invasive species that gets trimmed at the end of the season. As for the timeout, a team is going to try to make the score line more attractive and if the uga fans weren’t so inebriated they would understand that. By the way judging by your punctuation you might be a uga fan, if so go to the corner and lick your balls. Uga won the game and hats off to them, it doesn’t change the fact that many fans are trash and the bottom rung of society, no amount of uga success will ever change the fact that many of them need the success to forget about their own lives. End of story.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Uga fans act like trash and it has been that way for decades. Yes uga won the game but the trash talking is mostly about how in the end it is a marginal part of life not about the game. As for the hedges, they are technically weeds and an invasive species that gets trimmed at the end of the season. As for the timeout, a team is going to try to make the score line more attractive and if the uga fans weren’t so inebriated they would understand that. By the way judging by your punctuation you might be a uga fan, if so go to the corner and lick your balls. Uga won the game and hats off to them, it doesn’t change the fact that many fans are trash and the bottom rung of society, no amount of uga success will ever change the fact that many of them need the success to forget about their own lives. End of story.
Definitely not a UGA fan, but a realistic GT fan. I don’t hate on other programs or their fans to try and make myself feel better about how bad our football team is. I also don’t trash talk other people behind a keyboard to make myself feel better when people don’t agree with my opinions. I realize that opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one. Me typing on my phone keyboard and making some mistakes doesn’t change my degree nor the amount of money I make a year. Keep hating on the other programs and their success though, they’ll continue to beat us and stretch the gap between us and them further and further as long as we have CPJ, but hey as long as you find away to cope with it, that’s good

northgajacket

Banned
Definitely not a UGA fan, but a realistic GT fan. I don’t hate on other programs or their fans to try and make myself feel better about how bad our football team is. I also don’t trash talk other people behind a keyboard to make myself feel better when people don’t agree with my opinions. I realize that opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one. Me typing on my phone keyboard and making some mistakes doesn’t change my degree nor the amount of money I make a year. Keep hating on the other programs and their success though, they’ll continue to beat us and stretch the gap between us and them further and further as long as we have CPJ, but hey as long as you find away to cope with it, that’s good

Quit with the holier than thou crap. I am not apologizing for mentioning the truth. Don’t get your panties in a wad over it. It’s not hating when it is a fact. BTW proofreading is a great thing.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You know I have read this entire thread, off and on over the past 24 hours. When you get your butt kicked like we did yesterday, it introduces a lot of self doubt into the organization. You tend to go to into all kind of self analysis as to what the hell went wrong and how could we be this bad. But you know, this is just football. It's always been this way. Yeah there are a few programs that have established themselves as the so called elite and UGA is close to that level if not in it along with Clemson and Alabama. But nothing lasts forever, and climbing that National Championship ladder is a big climb for everybody. We actually have done it more recently than UGA has. Some one mentioned that 1 or 2 points determine 3 or 4 games a year for most teams regardless of Conference or affiliation. This year we won a few more of those than we did last year, and so we get a reward this year we did not enjoy last year. In reality, this team performed about up to it's potential. We did not have a dynamic QB which you have to have to have a special season. We did not have an alpha male leader on D to set the tone and insure our defense played every play like their hair was on fire. Maybe we will develop and attain those assets in the near future. The truth is Georgia does have better talent, facilities and more resources than us and it's been that way since the mid 60's. Yet we have managed to beat them 2 out of the last 4. Football is like that. We have to make some breaks, play inspired football and have some luck to beat them nowadays. It's been that way for while. It is not impossible to do.

All is not lost. A big part of my life long loyalty to Georgia Tech football is based on what it represents. It represents doing things the right way, developing quality young men and a history and tradition that is unmatched. We have a lot to build on and a good opportunity to have an even better season in 2019. The Coach's and players come and go and as long as they are part of our program I support them. That doesn't mean I do not criticize them and I consider Georgia Tech football bigger than any Coach or player or fan for that matter. Will we get our butt kicked again. Most assuredly. It happens to everybody sooner or later. Will we be a competitive football program. You bet your sweet arse we will be.

I have seen some really great Georgia Tech teams and some really bad ones over my 60 plus years of following the Yellow Jackets. I feel certain there will be many more great ones along with some occasional duds over the next 60 years to come. I plan to continue being a fan and enjoy the seasons I do have left to be a Tech fan. I always feel that the program is doing the absolute best it can to be the best that it can. Sometimes mistakes are made and sometimes the best laid plans just don't work out. In any event, I hope you will stick around and enjoy the ride. Being a Tech fan builds character which appears to be in short supply sometimes.

Go Jackets!
Absolutely a great post. The best one in this whole thread Absolutely how I feel. And this has nothing to do with accepting “mediocrity “. About a dozen or so people on GTSwarm do not like CPJ, hate the option and would go ballistic if we hired another option coach. Many of these blame all losses on the option or on CPJ or on our middle of the road recruiting (except for a just a few years we have always been middle of the road) There is data that shows that CPJ has been slightly above our historical trends in most stats. And yet they act if he is satan and all things wrong with GT football. They do not acknowledge there are many many RPO teams with many more resources than we do, that have worst records than we do. They do not give credit for past great years like the Orange bowl win because they say we are trending down now. But at the time of the win or when we won at UGA two times they are not there giving credit where credit is due. There are only a couple of the naysayers that begin to kind of espouse the values what you described here Jerry. Too many come across as win at all cost values. Many of them say fans should not give to the program because we have not won enough or won like they want to win by passing or ...., They don’t want to talk the reality of college football today and put people down as “weak” if anyone does talk reality. I want a better passing attack as well. And if our AD says it time for a change then I will continue to support our student athletes with my encouragement and giving. And if CPJ stays for another year or two I will continue my encouragement and giving. I love your post Jerry. And I love GT football even with all the ups and downs over the past 50 years that I have been a fan. THWG.

Absolutely a great post. The best one in this whole thread Absolutely how I feel. And this has nothing to do with accepting “mediocrity “. About a dozen or so people on GTSwarm do not like CPJ, hate the option and would go ballistic if we hired another option coach. Many of these blame all losses on the option or on CPJ or on our middle of the road recruiting (except for a just a few years we have always been middle of the road) There is data that shows that CPJ has been slightly above our historical trends in most stats. And yet they act if he is satan and all things wrong with GT football. They do not acknowledge there are many many RPO teams with many more resources than we do, that have worst records than we do. They do not give credit for past great years like the Orange bowl win because they say we are trending down now. But at the time of the win or when we won at UGA two times they are not there giving credit where credit is due. There are only a couple of the naysayers that begin to kind of espouse the values what you described here Jerry. Too many come across as win at all cost values. Many of them say fans should not give to the program because we have not won enough or won like they want to win by passing or ...., They don’t want to talk the reality of college football today and put people down as “weak” if anyone does talk reality. I want a better passing attack as well. And if our AD says it time for a change then I will continue to support our student athletes with my encouragement and giving. And if CPJ stays for another year or two I will continue my encouragement and giving. I love your post Jerry. And I love GT football even with all the ups and downs over the past 50 years that I have been a fan. THWG.
Hell, yeah !!!

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
This past Saturday reminded me a lot of the early '80s -- except we were not competitive with anyone back then (except maybe Alabama). Right now we are competitive with the teams on our level. UGA is on an entirely different level now, which should be pretty obvious. Jake Fromm has grown a lot and proved to be a smart and accurate passer. The team is good all-around. But I think Alabama today is in a class by itself, and barring a perfect performance by UGA (and Alabama coming out and laying an egg), I don't see Georgia winning the SEC. It may actually be a lopsided game, unlike last year. Maybe Georgia jumps out ahead by ten or so at the beginning off pure adrenaline, but Alabama eventually gets rolling and doesn't stop.

If you look at UGA's schedule, they haven't really played anyone outside of LSU, who manhandled them. The recent Auburn game wasn't really even a good test. So, it's hard to see whether Kirby has righted the ship over there or whether it's just a case of superior athletes outclassing lesser competition. A word of encouragement, UGA was still playing for NCs at the start of '84, and aside from losing Herschel to graduation, they were in many ways still the same program they were in '81, '82 and '83. We came into that game unranked and basically did to them what we did to them on Saturday. Just because Kirby is at the helm and is recruiting athletes doesn't mean they're going to stay dominant forever. Over at UGA, they feel the NC is their birthright and Kirby was hired to win them a championship. They came very close last year, but if he isn't able to achieve it in the timeframe they want, then the program eventually comes back down to earth the way we've seen them recently.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
To be fair, those systems are a lot easier to pick up on than ours. But, at the same time, I think CPJ overestimates the difficulty and often underestimates the players. He's often a gambler on the field, so I sometimes find it hard to accept that he's not willing to do a little gambling with our personnel.

If our system is hard to learn and execute (it is), the margin for error in recruiting and coaching is razor thin. Wouldn't a system that offers more latitude in both areas make more sense? I truly believe that our offense is no longer the equalizer we need. It is too difficult to get a QB that can run it, it offers no 2-minute-drill playcalling to catch up when we get behind (running off-tackle when down by three scores? Really?), and (imho) limits recruiting. We do need something different vs the factories. Whether is is a variant of CPJ's offense with more RPO, or an air raid approach (Mike Leach-ish), I don't know.

What is becoming clear is that we need a once-in-a-decade QB to run what we have and not get injured because the backup can't run the offense yet), we can't get behind, and we need other teams to regress to our mean in order to excite the fan base and donors. I don't like our chances.