UGa legislature at it again

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
as much as I'd like to hate on UGA, lol at Alabama (no deadline) and Florida (exempting UF). those are both much, much worse.

Also, I don't necessarily blame UGA. 3 days is a pretty quick turnaround. And I have little reason to doubt the SEC teams wouldn't hire a sweatshop of FOI callers to flood UGA with requests as a strategic advantage . . . and then leak the finding to buzzfeed . . . who play on their audiences "No Taxes Ever (But more police! & more Jobs! & more carpet bombs!) political bandwagon"

I'm all for allowing GT to redesign and automate our entire state's information systems and make all public money digital and open-acccess. But since that will never happen & college football is what it is, I don't blame UGA or GA legislators here.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It's a GEORGIA Football Records Law. As in state of Georgia, not university (sic) of georgia. The gives the same protections to us as well. The reason it was done is because other states have given their universities the same protections. This just levels the playing field. While I don't particularly agree with the law, I can't claim that it favors any one school in the state over the other. It applies equally across the board.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
It's a GEORGIA Football Records Law. As in state of Georgia, not university (sic) of georgia. The gives the same protections to us as well. The reason it was done is because other states have given their universities the same protections. This just levels the playing field. While I don't particularly agree with the law, I can't claim that it favors any one school in the state over the other. It applies equally across the board.
The other states being Alabama and Florida.

Literally just them.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Well, to the original poster, I am not sure how it effects GT. But I am willing to bet it applies to GT as well as ugag. No reason it would not.

And, without this bill, if the circumstances had a negative impact on ugag, I am also willing to bet it did on GT as well. I wish to hell someone at GT cared enough to try and get something like this done.

If nothing else, I am hoping it pisses off some reporters. (Kind of strange that so many here whine about the press, and when something is done to get in their craw, these same people want to whine about the poor press.)

As to some other comments, I am reminded of a caravan I was in that went to Tampa for the ACCCG vs CU. We stopped at a smaller town in Central / South Ga to get something to eat. Probably about 20 - 25 of us. The burger franchise was happy to have us (yes even with all our GT gear on) and everyone working there was as nice as could be. One of our fans, in a rather irritating, louder than normal voice, keep talking about "backwoods", "rednecks", "uneducated", people obviously trying to make some crude, really uneducated, assinine statement about the people living in the area we were in,as well as the nice people working in the restaurant.

A member of our party, thankfully, got up and went over to this asswipe fan of ours and reminded him that one of our D starters played at this county's HS, that we had another player from the next county south, and of all the work the coach that recruited this area puts in.

So, if somebody does not want to live here - thank God for our freedoms as Americans. But I find it strange that some want the advantages of a University started by people in this state, with the taxpayers providing quite a bit of money to the school and then turn around and somewhat imply this place is beneath them (spare me the amount & % of money received from taxpayers).

Perhaps running for the legislature might make a more significant difference. Or donate more $ personally. Or hell - just beat ugag on the field more. If not - please leave with Heavens blessings and wishes for happiness and success.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Reason just posted a story about this. Not much more information other than putting it in a larger context. I love this line though (emphasis mine)...

As a member of the powerful SEC NCAA conference, the Bulldogs are perpetual high-performance losers when it comes to college pigskin, routinely cracking the Top 10 but oh-so-rarely actually winning a conference title, let alone a national crown.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Since my wife does contract work for uga I can attest that they are the worst institution she (or I) have ever dealt with in terms of getting forms out in a timely fashion. Heaven forbid you ask them to cut you a W2 form in time, report to the IRS on time, or tabulate your expense form within three months of receiving it. They also cannot seem to answer simple questions that they are required to answer to comply with the grants they receive.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Since my wife does contract work for uga I can attest that they are the worst institution she (or I) have ever dealt with in terms of getting forms out in a timely fashion. Heaven forbid you ask them to cut you a W2 form in time, report to the IRS on time, or tabulate your expense form within three months of receiving it. They also cannot seem to answer simple questions that they are required to answer to comply with the grants they receive.
You're not in the northeast at all. You're in Canada.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I tell people I live in extra south Georgia (Jacksonville).
I live in south alabama (Pensacola)!

During to lack of support by state govt , in late 50's early 60's they voted to leave Florida and join Alabama.

Football Popularity = U of A is way in front. Then its fsu and UF AU not far behind. We are not favorite but well liked as a sentimental favorite.