UGA @ GT game thread

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We have a third year qb who plays with a lot of heart and made some good passes. If he could make the reads for our option plays, we'd have been lethal this game and this year.

Let's go win a bowl game and get better for next year.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Based on the Georgia game just ended I would say Lee is the QB as long as he is healthy.Lee is here Johnson may want to tinker with his offense to take advantage of his passing ability. (We have discussed this from the Elon game.)

UGA OL really played well the last 3 qtrs. Can't say that for the GT OL.

Gurley is the real deal.

ToddM

Guys I am sorry, I am sick of this crap.

We were up by 20 I said 20. And we lost, at home.

We made a first time starting QB look like the best player in the south, our corners can't play pressure defense to save their lives and somebody on our side always does something wrong at a critical moment.

I know Vad is young but I think they teach not throwing off the back foot in Pee Wee football. Again if you look at the defense the middle was wide open.

I am sorry but I am sick of this ****, no more excuses no more waiting until next year. We are a perpetual lower class FBS football team.

Congrats to DUKE for winning our F ing division !

Think about it guys DUKE won our division.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys I am sorry, I am sick of this crap.

We were up by 20 I said 20. And we lost, at home.

We made a first time starting QB look like the best player in the south, our corners can't play pressure defense to save their lives and somebody on our side always does something wrong at a critical moment.

I know Vad is young but I think they teach not throwing off the back foot in Pee Wee football. Again if you look at the defense the middle was wide open.

I am sorry but I am sick of this ****, no more excuses no more waiting until next year. We are a perpetual lower class FBS football team.

Congrats to DUKE for winning our F ing division !

Think about it guys DUKE won our division.

I am tired of losing to the Dwags too. We need better players and I think we are getting there, but it will take a little more time. Don't forget, Mason was probably a highly rated QB out of highschool and he has been in the system for 4 years. He is not your typical backup QB.

ToddM

I get all that. But he was a QB starting his first game, down by 20 and we lost .

Excuse time is over. Vad screwed up with the pick but it was our soft *** none playing secondary that still can't stop anyone.

Vad is a highly rated 1st year starter playing his 12th game by the way, why do t we apply our standards to our excuses. If we did that Vad throws for 600 and 10 TDs.

Seems our standards are way lower than our excuses

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
This reminds me of the Gailey years with the level of excuses. We just lost a game in which wr had a 20pt lead to a back up QB playing his first game.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am tired of losing to the Dwags too. We need better players and I think we are getting there, but it will take a little more time. Don't forget, Mason was probably a highly rated QB out of highschool and he has been in the system for 4 years. He is not your typical backup QB.
Yep. Think he was a top 10 QB coming out...

GTYellowJacket12

Jolly Good Fellow
This reminds me of the Gailey years with the level of excuses. We just lost a game in which wr had a 20pt lead to a back up QB playing his first game.

We have so many built in disadvantages (the Hill, our offense's perception, Calc Requirement, etc) in today's college football landscape that the margin of error is very thin for us when it comes to winning a game against superior opposition. We have very little talent and the dwags are stacked with blue chip talent to the point that there will always be a David Greene/Todd Gurley/Aaron Murray/etc even if half of their guys don't pan out. We are so far behind in terms of talent than even our A game isn't enough to beat a dwag team in a down year with a back up QB playing his first game like you said.

We are losing the arms race and unless there is a major talent upgrade we won't be able to beat out rivals even half of the time. Whatever talent gap reduction our scheme achieves is neutralized by the fact that the scheme itself recruits lesser talent so in essence we are operating at a net negative. I know we're recruiting better this year with the increase in recruiting budget but I'm just not confident that even a Giff Smith level of recruiting can be remotely approached given our results against rivals (0-4 the last 2 years) added to our offense's perception and the Hill.