uGA Graduation speaker...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Ryan Seacrest? Really?...a guy that attended the school for a year in the mid-90's and then dropped out?

I guess he's been successful, but that's just funny to me. I feel like I'd be a tad bit embarrassed...

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, the implication is that a U(sic)GA degree is not something that you need to be a sucess.

Of course, GT people already know that. ;)

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Going to be honest having a commencement speaker that has some sort of connection to the school and is a good public speaker is way better to listen to than some random CEO you've never heard of like I had to listen at to at the spouses Tech graduation.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Went to a college graduation this Saturday where the speaker was apparently a popular country gospel singer. She broke out singing The Star Spangled Banner right in the middle of her speech. Everybody started randomly standing, putting the hands on their hearts and all male grads and professors had to remove their caps. It was bazar![emoji38]

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
First time I saw REM was in the GT student center ballroom as a 1982 homecoming concert.

Stipe spoke/sang the first verse of ramblin wreck before going right into chronic town iirc.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Going to be honest having a commencement speaker that has some sort of connection to the school and is a good public speaker is way better to listen to than some random CEO you've never heard of like I had to listen at to at the spouses Tech graduation.
The guy from Walmart was probably the worst public speaker I've ever had to endure, but he knocked up his wife while in school and ended up alright