UGA Geographic Confusion (again)

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
This is kind of the issue our BBAll team is fighting. Most basketball recruits these days probably don't remember ever seeing us play in the NCAA tournament. They don't know that GT use to be an NCAA tournament regular with 2 Final Fours.
Yeah, I remember watching our games in the 2010 tournament against OK State and Ohio State. I was 8 years old at the time, and I'm in college now.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

This is good progress, would have liked white background and not black (so it wasn't so heavily aligned to U(sic)GA's color scheme, but the falcons are red and black too. The use of our 404 slogan and the nod of the head to our TechGold it pretty great. Now we just need them to pick up an Atl uninform like ATL United with white and gold. 🔥🔥🔥

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I remember watching our games in the 2010 tournament against OK State and Ohio State. I was 8 years old at the time, and I'm in college now.
Damn this post just made me feel old. I was in my last semester at GT during the 2010 tournament. The 2009-2010 sports calendar was probably the best for GT athletics overall in the last 15-20 years.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Sucks. 2009 is the first time In my life I had full confidence in Tech and actually talked crap at school all week. The Monday after a top 5 worst day of my elementary school career.

My sympathies. When I was in elementary school, we lost every year during the 1960s after 1963 until 1969 but I was in high school that year. I was in early elementary when Tech beat them soundly three years in a row in 61, 62, and 63 they were not that good and had no answer for Billy Lothridge and Billy Martin. We have beaten them three in a row only twice in more than 50 years. They own the state and pretty much own Atlanta. IIWII. We are very close to being like Vanderbilt vs Tennessee or Tulane vs. LSU back in the day.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
My sympathies. When I was in elementary school, we lost every year during the 1960s after 1963 until 1969 but I was in high school that year. I was in early elementary when Tech beat them soundly three years in a row in 61, 62, and 63 they were not that good and had no answer for Billy Lothridge and Billy Martin. We have beaten them three in a row only twice in more than 50 years. They own the state and pretty much own Atlanta. IIWII. We are very close to being like Vanderbilt vs Tennessee or Tulane vs. LSU back in the day.
Vandy just beat Tennessee 3 or 4 years in a row. I get your point though. We just have to contribute and/or show up to games or be active fans.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Vandy just beat Tennessee 3 or 4 years in a row. I get your point though. We just have to contribute and/or show up to games or be active fans.

That is very true but I was actually reacting to what I saw at Dudley Field a few years ago when a friend of mine who is a big Florida booster got two tickets to the Vanderbilt game (and the Grand Ole Opry as well) and it was surprising to me just how dead that stadium was compared to BDS at Grant Field. It was sort of like Wallace Wade at Duke but they had more fans just real quiet. Pretty good game as the Gators did their usual sleep walk act playing Vanderbilt. The Commodores played them tough for three quarters as I recall.