UGA game might have gotten easier

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UGAg isn't anywhere close to where they have been, but they aren't as bad as they have been playing either. Vanderbilt was dominated in the game by the numbers. Heck, if you didn't look at the scoreboard and just the box score you would have thought it was as big a drubbing as we gave them.

If they don't pull themselves together it will be a long year for the red and black. My money, though, is on them starting to figure things out as the season progresses. It will be a tough game. To expect anything less would be taking the first steps towards defeat IMHO. I hate them as bad as anybody and take complete joy in their bumblings and the rumblings of Uncle Lou, but I refuse to underestimate them.

Last edited:

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
You haven't been a Tech fan for very long huh? Last time I "felt good" about the UGA game was 2009. Learned that lesson quickly.

That was my wife's first GT game.

Interesting comments from PJ about that game:
  • That was the one time PJ said we were better than UGA (we were 10-1, they were 5-6)
  • The NCAA was lurking around campus all week and things just weren't right
  • PJ told Wommack, "Don't let them rush for 300 yards, make that QB beat us". Sure enough we play vanilla 4-3 and they rush for 300 yards.
Doesn't matter how many potheads get suspended from their team; they're still UGA and loaded with (underachieving) talent.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
You haven't been a Tech fan for very long huh? Last time I "felt good" about the UGA game was 2009. Learned that lesson quickly.

No I haven't been a fan that long. I have only really been a fan since about 1995 or so. But if you look at the schedule remaining UGA is one of the few games we actually should win. 3 out of 4 teams we play before them are better than them. I won't say were going to win for sure but our chances this year are better than ever. They have a head coach that has somehow achieved even less than CMR did while he was there and that's a good thing for us.