UGA Defense

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Blitz early and blitz often, rattle that youngster at qb for uga. Make him make throw some bad passes and we will get a couple turnovers. Establish the b back and gash their d with the long ball when they least expect it. Uga is a very beatable team. If Vanderbilt can beat them with Aaron Murray, we definitely can beat them without him.
I agree they are beatable. I think we have a good chance against them. It just so happens, however, that their greatest strength aligns itself with our biggest weakness. Here is hoping. You have to play them to get it all figured out.

Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree they are beatable. I think we have a good chance against them. It just so happens, however, that their greatest strength aligns itself with our biggest weakness. Here is hoping. You have to play them to get it all figured out.

Turnovers?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Turnovers?
Well, in every football game ever to be played, TOs will be an X-factor. We have lost the TO battle to UGAg by a 3 to 1 margin since 2001. Obviously, they have played a huge part in the series record over that time. How about we protect the ball this year and force a couple ourselves for a change?

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
LAst year's game flipped on the RG fumble at the UGAg 2 on our first drive to answer their score. It gave them all kinds of momentum and put us behind. They were a better team last year, bottom line. Both teams are different this year. They aren't nearly as good on defense. We are a little better on defense.
Our defense is actually a lot better. We were in shoot outs every game. Our defense has actually won us some games this year. Our offense was more efficient last year, but this years offense has more upside and can really put up points if insync and fundemental.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
UGA's secondary has 4 interceptions all year I heard, at least according to the Hate Week issue of the Technique (which is definitely worth a read). That puts them at 115th in the nation

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Our defense is actually a lot better. We were in shoot outs every game. Our defense has actually won us some games this year. Our offense was more efficient last year, but this years offense has more upside and can really put up points if insync and fundemental.

This is an important caveat to the per game stats for our offense. We were better/more consistent last year. Georgie is much worse on D. The game will hinge on our D vs their O, imo.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
UGA's secondary has 4 interceptions all year I heard, at least according to the Hate Week issue of the Technique (which is definitely worth a read). That puts them at 115th in the nation
CPJ mentioned during his radio show tonight that unlike the last few years, their defensive backfield is fairly inexperienced. So I'm guessing some of the gameplan will be to try to take advantage of that.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You know, statistically, it really isn't the case, but I agree with you. I guess in 2012 it was more consistent, giving the illusion of being better. There was more stability at the QB position and fewer TOs. I think that was the bottom line, giving the both of us more confidence. The 2012 offense with the 2013 defense would most likely have a better record this year. Here are the actual numbers:
(PPG, Rushing YPG, Passing YPG)
2012 33.6, 311, 130
2013 36.8, 315, 120

It is funny, we all expected the Vad led offense to blossom in the passing game. Lo and behold, TW getting 75% of the snaps produced more passing yards on average in 2012. Go figure.
I agree 100% with you on this.

It is a shame we have not taken the next step in CPJ's offense.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am expecting RG25 to have a huge (revenge) game after what occurred last year.
I think that body slam has been the most over-hyped tackle of the decade. I would have thrown a flag, but there has been so much water under the bridge since that play. I would rather RG25 remember his fumble on the doorstep more. Maybe that way he will hang on to the ball this year! A good TEAM win is what I am looking for, not revenge against a guy who is no longer there.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope RG25 and the rest of our seniors get revenge with a win and getting to chant "we run this state"...so so tired of losing to those chumps!! Would love to see Godhigh have a Roddy type 08 game on Saturday.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer

When its not in sync it shows. False starts, turnovers, and 3 & outs... etc. Just like any other team I suppose.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
If we can put ga in 3rd and long situations we should have an opportunity to make plays off of Mason. Yea he has showed potential, but he has never been in a situation where he has had pressure to make plays. It's a big difference in being a starter against a rival, than comin in when ur up by 30 points.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
If we can put ga in 3rd and long situations we should have an opportunity to make plays off of Mason. Yea he has showed potential, but he has never been in a situation where he has had pressure to make plays. It's a big difference in being a starter against a rival, than comin in when ur up by 30 points.

Very true. We shall see.