UGA DC Todd Grantham to Louisville

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Umm.... Let's see....3 NCs out of the last 4 years for Bama's fans.....0 out of the last 34 for UGA fans who also think they are of Bamas caliber every August.

Do you seriously have a hard time comprehending that?
Yeah but Bama fans expect a shutout every week.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Meh. UGA will still get talent, waste it, wash and repeat. Been the same for decades. Yeah, they beat us but that's a GT problem not a UGA accomplishment.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate for UGA to lose Grantham. He gets the cream of the crop in the area for defense, yet he does not coach them according to their talents. Georgia had to heavily outscore their opponents to win. I bet UGA will be better with a new defensive coach.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Umm.... Let's see....3 NCs out of the last 4 years for Bama's fans.....0 out of the last 34 for UGA fans who also think they are of Bamas caliber every August.

Do you seriously have a hard time comprehending that?

That makes no sense.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That makes no sense.

Lol...ok let me try to spell this out for you slowly...

Bama fans have high expectations because they have reason to.

UGA fans are preseason national champions among themselves for 34 years with only one time coming close.

Bama has Nick Saban and money. UGA has Mark Richt who can't seem to win it all.

So yes, Bama is easier, UGA more difficult to coach at.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Smart would be smart to stay where he is. When Saban gets offered his dream job of official Little Debbie oatmeal crème pie taster, the Alabama job is his. Besides, even if he and Bobo are BFFs, how would that look if he comes over for 7 figures and the HCIW title?
As for Georgie's D recruits, I don't know that Grantham's departure has that much effect since he recruited very few of them. I wouldn't even begin to hazard a guess as to what his geographic area was when it came to recruiting. Besides, you can imagine being parents and having that guy ring your doorbell?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I hope their position guys start leaving too. They're certainly not guaranteed a spot once UGhA hires their DC. As has been reported, the DL coach is interviewing for the same job at Bama today IIRC. DB coach is gone already.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Since Bobinski admitted in a radio interview that CPJ did make some comments about being done here, I would say that Feldman is as credible as they come.

Without going back and relistening to the interview, I don't think that is what Bobinski said. I think he just said that CPJ has made statements about being frustrated with the way the season worked out. I don't think he has ever said anything about being done or not wanting to be here.