UGA DC Todd Grantham to Louisville

DenverJacket56

Georgia Tech Fan
Hmmm.... A DC leaving an SEC school with unlimited recruiting capabilities to an ACC school with a short term success and a small local talent pool? Must be the money!

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
This sucks. If they get a good DC, he can do a lot better than Grantham with the talent they bring in. Imagine a young Charlie Strong at uga. Ugh.

Interesting wonder why anyone would want to work for quit-rino. I guess the money must have been worth it
two ways it can turn out when Petrino leaves: Grantham gets the HC job, or he gets a big paycheck for his 5-year-contract. Pretty good either way.

I am not surprised Grantham jumped at this opportunity, as I thought he could have been fired at uga this season.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Call me crazy, but I've always thought pretty highly of Grantham as a DC. They had a sub par year on D because they lost most of their starters from last season in the draft and had a bunch of injuries. As a GT fan, this excites me as ugag will hopefully bring in a DC that has little to no experience against am offense like ours. Also with all the crap he got from ugag fans this year, I'm not totally surprised he left. I guess we'll see what happens though.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
IMO, this is McGarity's doing after hearing from the disgruntled UGA fans. Probably told Grantham to try to cut his best deal elsewhere, no long term future in Athens.

QuickKick

Georgia Tech Fan
Be really surprised if they are still a 3-4 defense going forward. The move is probably best for all concerned. May be a good pairing of the two coaches and egos. I think he was feeling the heat at UGA too. 1M a year is too good to pass up.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Is it good form for us to celebrate?

Have we beat a t.g. D yet?

Last I looked, they left us with 14 in the 2nd half as they ran off 41?

I really hope in the next 2 years CPJohnson can get us winning the game.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Grantham's first season at the sesspool we scored what 34 against his D then in '11 and '12 we combined to score 27 against their D. I didn't like Grantham but with the exception of '10 and this season they pretty much shut us down. Hope they hire someone that we can expose!! Either way.... THWG!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I see them raiding BAMA's staff. Kirby would be wise to make the lateral move to UGA, and get out of Saban's shadow.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What?? How is that any less than the expectations at Alabama?
Umm.... Let's see....3 NCs out of the last 4 years for Bama's fans.....0 out of the last 34 for UGA fans who also think they are of Bamas caliber every August.

Do you seriously have a hard time comprehending that?