UGA - Clean Old-Fashioned Hate

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I'm very interested in some 1st hand eye witness accounts of the "scene" tonight. I'm obviously bias but GT baseball should be a HOT ticket. This team is extremely entertaining. Never out of a game. Empty seats on a weekend should really be the exception.

Was full and loud, except for the top of the 8th. Long long lines for concessions, never ate just picked up something on the way back to the hotel.

Side note: First time witnessing GT beat uga in anything live. Loved wishing it in.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great to start the series winning. Win today and then playing with house money tomorrow.

We won with power, good starting pitching, good defense and Quick Hook Hall. Winning was nice, but how we won was better. Took a punch in the T8 and gave it back in B8.

But the highlight of the season so far for me has been the Quick Hook Hall , I think that will make all the difference by Tourney Time. We've had pitching depth in the past that we haven't used. This year is different IMHO, maybe it's more and better depth, but our pitchers are being rotated the way NC State and UVa have done. Rocky early in the season and it sometimes pays off big at the end of the season.
  • Huff - lights out. Best starter we've had this year.
  • Bartnicki - I'm a fan. He only faced three batters, but gave up a lead off walk (some pitches had Too Much Plate to be a ball) and two weak hits that found holes. 13 pitches and 6 strikes, that was enough.
  • McNamee came in a hit first batter. Quick Hook Hall was on it.
  • Mannelly came in with basses loaded and got 2 SO on 3-2 counts. Guy is a stud. Then the baseball gods decided to screw with us and gave uGag some hits. But when uGag got overly aggressive baserunning. The baseball gods then screwed uGag for disrespect.
  • Medich came in and pitched well. 10 pitches, 8 strikes, 3 outs.
I didn't focus on power, but having only one starter below 300 is obscene.

1646483486542.png

1646483822320.png

1646484456692.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
OK< I confess and take the blame. I was unable to attend or watch this game because of SWMBO obligations...until the top of the 8th. I tuned in and we promptly gave up 6 runs. I turned it off because, well, because I KNOW it was my fault. So, of course, we righted the ship and took the win while I did NOT watch.

I watched the replay this morning. What I loved was:
  1. clean defensive game by GT. I did not watch every second this morning, but I did not see any physical or mental errors
  2. Chandler Simpson makes us a VERY dangerous team offensively. I credit him with all 3 first inning runs. Without his speed the two games who hit behind him would have both been outs, and instead they all wound up scoring.
  3. Medich, whew! Where did he come from? I don't remember him being a shut down pitcher
  4. We got to save Dawson Brown for tonight (in my mind, HE is our closer)
  5. I think Tim Borden has decisively won the 2B job
I'll do everyone a favor and not watch it live tonight. That should be enough to get us the series win.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
OK< I confess and take the blame. I was unable to attend or watch this game because of SWMBO obligations...until the top of the 8th. I tuned in and we promptly gave up 6 runs. I turned it off because, well, because I KNOW it was my fault. So, of course, we righted the ship and took the win while I did NOT watch.

1. clean defensive game by GT. I did not watch every second this morning, but I did not see any physical or mental errors
  2. Chandler Simpson makes us a VERY dangerous team offensively. I credit him with all 3 first inning runs. Without his speed the two games who hit behind him would have both been outs, and instead they all wound up scoring.
  3. Medich, whew! Where did he come from? I don't remember him being a shut down pitcher
I'll do everyone a favor and not watch it live tonight. That should be enough to get us the series win.
You're a crazy person. Watch the game. 😃

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Sometimes you feel the bad mojo deep in your gut. Good you recognized it and saved Jacket nation. 😂

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Glad it was you. I had a night out with SWMBO and came in to watch Bartnicki allow three on. Turned off and went back to Statbroadcast and the Wiley / Poole show. Unparalleled professionals.

Fortunately, Wiley is on the WREK again today. Just tune in about 6. (tic)

I think the improvement in pitchers this year from last has a common denominator. DBo. And the offense, Ramsey.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The rivalry game actually had GOLD in the stands rather than red. Looks like Hall has a good team this year. Now make the sweep. Would be fun to be a student again. Field is across the street from my frat house. I love baseball games. I have season tickets to Durham Bulls. I try to catch GT when they play near me.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't focus on power, but having only one starter below 300 is obscene.

View attachment 12174

I know you can't expect Simpson (or Parada) to keep it up at this pace, but he's seeing the ball really well right now, and is a real weapon once he gets on base. That bunt down the 3rd base line was awesome - I swear he had already started towards first before it bounced.