UCF messed up?

Jmonty71

Banned
So, did UCF mess up by NOT rescheduling with us? I mean, would had a win over us been enough to place them into the CFP? I know their SoS was not good (neither was Bama's), but we would had improved it, I think. Then again, we could of won that game and been bowl eligible. Put part of me wonders, did UCF screw themselves out of a playoff berth, by avoiding us?

Just curious on other thoughts.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So, did UCF mess up by NOT rescheduling with us? I mean, would had a win over us been enough to place them into the CFP? I know their SoS was not good (neither was Bama's), but we would had improved it, I think. Then again, we could of won that game and been bowl eligible. Put part of me wonders, did UCF screw themselves out of a playoff berth, by avoiding us?

Just curious on other thoughts.
The way the season went i'm glad GT didn't play UCF and get another loss tacked on to their record..................................................just sayin';)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You could say we would have beaten them as bad as we beat other inferior teams, like Fluke :whistle:

But in reality, I think UCF did the right thing. Even beating us (<50% for them to win) would not have been enough to get them to the playoffs given how awful we were this year. 60th by JHowell so a win wouldn't have gotten them much. http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2017.htm And they didn't have to compress a game late in the season after the hurricane impact.

This way they can have a perfect season with a bowl win. They would get slaughtered by any of the Top 4 today.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
You could say we would have beaten them as bad as we beat other inferior teams, like Fluke :whistle:

But in reality, I think UCF did the right thing. Even beating us (<50% for them to win) would not have been enough to get them to the playoffs given how awful we were this year. 60th by JHowell so a win wouldn't have gotten them much. http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2017.htm And they didn't have to compress a game late in the season after the hurricane impact.

This way they can have a perfect season with a bowl win. They would get slaughtered by any of the Top 4 today.
Auburn will pound them in the Peach Bowl;)