UA or Nike...Please help.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes another uniform thread because this one pisses me off. Part of our contract with Russell is new uniforms every year. Well I don't know if they are late or just gave up but yesterday we wore last years home jerseys with the pants from the throwbacks from the 1990 celebration. PATHETIC!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think it says new uni not new designs lol

No seriously it really just comes down to if the school wants new designs. If gt says these are fine with small tweaks thats what is done. Russell proposes ideas we accept or not.

I am sure at some point this year something different will flash out

I would love to see a gold chrome helmet with white tops and blue bottoms. Would be neat. Or a white chrome helmet (will look almost silver) with a blue gt, blue jersey and white pants.

I just think our helmet can pop alot more for a special modern uniform u see for one game.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think CPJ lets the players pick what they want to wear for each game.... If true we need to start supporting the players!!

Milwaukee

Banned
The old school pants we wore yesterday were the best we've worn in years. They looked great - loved the Navy and Gold stripes. I hope we wear those pants all year. If I could change one thing, I would swap the stripes, putting the Navy stripes on the outside with a Gold stripe in between.

But I thought they were a huge improvement.

It's still Nike or bust for me though.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
I think CPJ lets the players pick what they want to wear for each game.... If true we need to start supporting the players!!
Start supporting the players? That's a little much, don't you think? The players don't design the jerseys. They pick from what's been chosen for them.

Matt E

GT Athlete
I generally like the UA uniforms but hope if we go the them they don't use the same mustard color they are using for Notre Dame's pants. They are horrid

GTFLETCH

Banned
WEEK 1 - Saw this on the Stingtalk Board

Attachments

• 14199209_755522927883479_8130070303714911271_n.jpg
    14199209_755522927883479_8130070303714911271_n.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 240

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
The jerseys were fine. The pants were fine. But the colors and patterns didn't even match up. Like they weren't even designed to go together. It's not that R is incapable of making a good looking uni. I'm no fashion guru, but there's just no cohesion (or whatever term I should use) to what's going on.

It's pitiful. You guys will all see the difference in quality when we make the switch. Let's hope it's next season.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
The jerseys were fine. The pants were fine. But the colors and patterns didn't even match up. Like they weren't even designed to go together. It's not that R is incapable of making a good looking uni. I'm no fashion guru, but there's just no cohesion (or whatever term I should use) to what's going on.

It's pitiful. You guys will all see the difference in quality when we make the switch. Let's hope it's next season.
They weren't The jersey's are from last year and the Pants are from our throwbacks we wore against VT last year.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Even if you aren't a 'uniform guy', you gotta admit putting us out there in mismatched uniforms was just plain shameful. If I'm an apparel company and my supposed flagship team is on an international stage, you best believe I'm making sure they're dressed to the 9's (w/e that means).

I'm probably giving them something new and exciting. At the very least, I'm making for d*mn sure the tops match the bottoms.

Now, you might say, "Well, GT screwed up and packed the wrong unis." If I'm RA, I'm not even leaving it up to GT. I'm folding a bunch-a new unis and helmets and making sure they're waiting for GT when they arrive.

How does this even happen? Surely we didn't do this on purpose. Is RA taking a crap on us on the way out the door?

People say the players choose what they want to wear each week. Surely they didn't purposely mismatch the uniforms? Surely!?

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Even if you aren't a 'uniform guy', you gotta admit putting us out there in mismatched uniforms was just plain shameful. If I'm an apparel company and my supposed flagship team is on an international stage, you best believe I'm making sure they're dressed to the 9's (w/e that means).

I'm probably giving them something new and exciting. At the very least, I'm making for d*mn sure the tops match the bottoms.

Now, you might say, "Well, GT screwed up and packed the wrong unis." If I'm RA, I'm not even leaving it up to GT. I'm folding a bunch-a new unis and helmets and making sure they're waiting for GT when they arrive.

How does this even happen? Surely we didn't do this on purpose. Is RA taking a crap on us on the way out the door?

People say the players choose what they want to wear each week. Surely they didn't purposely mismatch the uniforms? Surely!?