Tyson Meiguez Out for Season

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s really too bad for him. It seemed like he was poised to break out. At least he can still take a redshirt year. If he spends the year keeping his grades in order, studying film, following the doctor’s orders to the letter, and rehabbing without trying to overdo it, he can still have 4 productive years on the field.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
With Meiguez, Franks and Tatum, that's a lot of injuries sustained by our freshmen LBs in the last couple of years.

Meiguez and Franks were part of Collins' first full recruiting class and are only redshirt freshmen this year (in non-Covid adjusted terms). Tatum is a true freshman. For those who follow recruiting or even not, feels like they've been around long enough to make a material impact this year, but that's undue expectations, imo.

Hopefully they all recover(ed) fully by the time they should traditionally be expected to impact the defense i.e., when they are Sophomores and Juniors. If we are relying on freshmen this year, we should expect a lot of boom or bust.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
With Meiguez, Franks and Tatum, that's a lot of injuries sustained by our freshmen LBs in the last couple of years.

Meiguez and Franks were part of Collins' first full recruiting class and are only redshirt freshmen this year (in non-Covid adjusted terms). Tatum is a true freshman. For those who follow recruiting or even not, feels like they've been around long enough to make a material impact this year, but that's undue expectations, imo.

Hopefully they all recover(ed) fully by the time they should traditionally be expected to impact the defense i.e., when they are Sophomores and Juniors. If we are relying on freshmen this year, we should expect a lot of boom or bust.

There's a couple of guys playing safety that could play LB...ahem... :)

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

Is Tatum hurt? I didn't know that.

Also, any chance we get Kaleb Oliver to come back and play some speedy LB? lol

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Poor guy, he's gonna get his shot. Take the year to get better mentally and understand the concepts/spacing of the game and Thacker's defense. A lot of guys never really master the mental side of football and rely on pure athleticism. I think this kid can be both.

My mistake I see that now.
See what I'm talking about with all this transfer stuff. It is hard to keep up with who is on the team and who is not. This is getting like pro ball, your team changes all the players every three years. Back in the day you knew for four years who was playing where.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I know he has left the team. Idea is we are now thinner at LB. Our 2nd string LB is gone for the season. Need more competition!!!!

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
See what I'm talking about with all this transfer stuff. It is hard to keep up with who is on the team and who is not. This is getting like pro ball, your team changes all the players every three years. Back in the day you knew for four years who was playing where.
It’s no different any where else. Everyone has to change and adapt to the current climate.