Ty Griffin

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Has nothing to do with Jordan...Ty was in a good spot moving forward and was someone that CPJ really liked at QB...had a good chance at being a starter at some point.

Now Jordan will have to be the #3 QB and we have to get him up to speed as quick as we can.

Jordan could be QB3 and still redshirt. If JT or TB are out and the other loses a helmet or gets a lick taking him out for a play or two, Swilling showed in the spring that he can be productive. We have had less prepared QB backups that we put in the game. Of course if there is a more long term injury (injuries) the red shirt may necessarily be burned. You can always prepare Jordan for QB3 but plan on the redshirt until forced to burn it. I really hate losing Ty but there are other loses that could hurt us more.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Jordan could be QB3 and still redshirt. If JT or TB are out and the other loses a helmet or gets a lick taking him out for a play or two, Swilling showed in the spring that he can be productive. We have had less prepared QB backups that we put in the game. Of course if there is a more long term injury (injuries) the red shirt may necessarily be burned. You can always prepare Jordan for QB3 but plan on the redshirt until forced to burn it. I really hate losing Ty but there are other loses that could hurt us more.

Exactly. He will be #3 but still redshirt like Vad did...but if we have a big injury he will jump to #2 and could be forced into action at any moment. So we have to get him up to speed as fast as we can..QB depth just took a big hit this year.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I feel like throwing my effing shoe through the computer screen. I can't tell you how disappointed I am right now. I was / am so high on that kid. Please tell me this is a ruse.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This really sucks. Sounds like the classic academic casualty to me. If he didn't like the offense, he would have transferred before Spring Camp like Vad. Maybe Synjyn would move to emergency status qb?

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow

Less prepared than a true freshman? I think MJ will be a good one, but I really hope his time doesn't come early. Ideally, he'd be a redshirt Junior (2017) before he gets heavy PT. That coincides with the year after JT leaves. Maybe get him some PT the year before that to get him ready to start full time. Hopefully the injury bug doesn't hit the QB position the next couple years.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
From what I was told is that Ty didn't want to put in the off the field work at the QB position and didn't feel like he was grasping the offense...instead of staying at GT and trying another position he would rather go somewhere else. He really wants to play with his brother Taj and could be a package deal to Oregon.

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan
Dang, this offense has enough detractors already but one theme that seems to be an issue is that even recruits who sign at QB either don't find it to be what they expected or take a long time to 'get it' to be effective, ah well

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I hate to see him go. I hope he does well wherever he lands. Judging by the praise from CPJ he seemed to be doing ok.

Well, if he didn't grasp the offense, I'd rather he go somewhere else than try to run it without knowing/bought into the offense. We've seen what happens when we do that...

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
If he plans to play QB at Oregon, he is going to have a lot to learn. That offense is as complicated as any.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Ty at Oregon.. Hmmmmmmm
Would Oregon take him?
GT was his only major offer outside of the academies.
This is pretty disappointing, 2011 class transferring left and right, it's really not a good look. But as long as we can keep the QB commit from NC I'm not as overly concerned.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
It's football related.

His only offers were Air Force, Navy, & Army but he has a problem with GT ?? What ??
Anyway if he goes to Oregon.. That arm strength and his running ability in that offense could be deadly, we'll see about his accuracy though.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
His only offers were Air Force, Navy, & Army but he has a problem with GT ?? What ??
Anyway if he goes to Oregon.. That arm strength and his running ability in that offense could be deadly, we'll see about his accuracy though.

Just because his only offers WERE academy schools before, it doesn't mean those are his only ones now.
I heard he will get a chance at RB or DB at Oregon. And this was not just him wanting to play with his brother.