Ty Griffin

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
That's disappointing. I heard he was really making some progress at the position. Sad to see him go - maybe this is an indication of how well/quickly Jordan was picking up the offense?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought he looked really good during the spring game. Really tough runner.

That's too bad.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Well dang. I hate that. And I'm sure some others are going to call this a sure sign of problems with coaching, offense, program, etc. But, this stuff happens everywhere. It just usually affects us more due to our lack of depth at most spots. QB is not one of those spots now. I wish he would stay and make an impact at some position, but oh well.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Has nothing to do with Jordan...Ty was in a good spot moving forward and was someone that CPJ really liked at QB...had a good chance at being a starter at some point.

Now Jordan will have to be the #3 QB and we have to get him up to speed as quick as we can.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
He said "GT isn't the school for me," which could lead one to believe that it could be either Football or Academics-related. GT isn't for everyone. I know a lot of people that found that out after a year or two on campus. I hope he leaves in "good standing". Hopefully he finds what he's looking for.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
ouch that stings. I wonder if his brother was in his ear. Just speculation on my part. That 2013 class, though had some good players, I feel is going to come back and hurt us at some point. Not good for depth..

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This really sucks. He looked to be a year away from starting somewhere. Wish we could get him to stay.

When in private sector you have an after incident report prepared by disinterested manager. Wonder if we do this.
I really liked the kid!
If academic issue drop, we need to factor in the costs of a recruits dropping out into adding $ to a wider swath recruiting or adding more support if allowed.

We are ready to help in Texas .

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Ty's grandfather consults with us 3 days a week. I'll see what I can find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know this subject has come up before but does anyone know if GTAA has some type of counseling program that is designed to monitor/help SAs when they run into academic road blocks? I know if a student, especially during finals week, gets discouraged it is hard to see the sense in continuing at an institution that really gets no easier as time goes by.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
WTF??????!!!! I'm so disappointed by this. I find it hard to accept that something is not wrong with the program. How can QBs with amazing potential keep transferring like this?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he had potential but to date he had not done anything. So you are losing potential not production. Usually, at Tech, this is finding out school is too hard and despite all the tutors you can ask for, you really don't want to commit to the effort required to get by. Good Luck to the young man.

Go Jackets!