Ty Griffin

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So I was going down our football roster yesterday just looking at faces and reading bios. I had heard from somewhere that TG has the best arm of all the QBs. Obviously the spring game didn't really showcase that possibility at all. Well, in TG's bio it says that he was state champion chucking the javelin. I did not know that to be true, but that fact certainly supports the possibility of him having a strong arm. I mean, how could you wing a javelin farther than anyone else in the state and not have an arm?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
And it would have to be reasonably accurate.
Roddy said he had the most talent out of any of the quarterbacks.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Say what you want about CPJ being a terrible recruiter in terms of closing on highly ranked prospects. His ability to find diamond in the roughs has to be top 5% in the nations, and I feel that is really important for a program like GT that is not able to consistently bring in prospects as easily as the factories. 2 sides to every story, and if Ty pans out that is a huge get for GT!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not much in the way of passes...but you can tell he throws the ball with very little effort. A little hitch in his throw, but he doesn't put much effort into it and the ball still gets down field. From his senior season at McEachern:

One thing that's obvious, he's a very gifted runner with the ball in his hands. Pretty much the same body type as Vad, but much better agility and short space quickness.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He's the perfect fit for this offense. Got a cannon arm and a good runner.
Honestly I would groom him to be the starter perfect blend of TB & JT.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So I was going down our football roster yesterday just looking at faces and reading bios. I had heard from somewhere that TG has the best arm of all the QBs. Obviously the spring game didn't really showcase that possibility at all. Well, in TG's bio it says that he was state champion chucking the javelin. I did not know that to be true, but that fact certainly supports the possibility of him having a strong arm. I mean, how could you wing a javelin farther than anyone else in the state and not have an arm?
He has the tools but someone has to develop them. Hopefully, we have some time before he is called upon.

Like Dr. Oliver Harmon Jones in M*A*S*H

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not much in the way of passes...but you can tell he throws the ball with very little effort. A little hitch in his throw, but he doesn't put much effort into it and the ball still gets down field. From his senior season at McEachern:

One thing that's obvious, he's a very gifted runner with the ball in his hands. Pretty much the same body type as Vad, but much better agility and short space quickness.

That is the first time I have seen that. Wow. I loved this kid after finally seeing him in the spring game and I love him even more now. It was obvious that he has great feet, but that is a pretty strong arm he is showcasing there. Holy crap. He just flicks it 40 yards with no effort at all. My curiosity has really been tweaked now. This film never shows him loading up and really airing it out, but I guarantee you he can. At this point in time I don't think he is ready, BUTTTTT, folks, we have to give him some time. If a QB can stretch the defense this easily with his throwing arm, and throw a catchable ball while doing so, in this offense....

Now, more than ever, I say keep him at QB. We have to see what we can get out of this kid.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Seeing him in Sprg game reminds me of a bigger D Andrews.I'm not at all sure he would be best at QB esp if he spends 3 yrs behind JT.(of course I'm not absolutely sure JT will play 3 yrs.).

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Interested to see how the QB position works out down the road. We have some good guys.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Ha, that's pretty interesting. Unfortunately, Javelin competition doesn't reward accuracy. I hope he's got the accuracy. Griffin impressed me in the scrimmage when he dropped back to pass, stepped back into the pocket, and hung in there until he got hit. Granted, you'd like to see the ball out of his hands and in the stands but he showed some poise and for a freshman, that's a good sign.