Two-way players and shortstop

emm3tt

Georgia Tech Fan
A couple of things I have noticed as the season has gone on:

1) If English can be a 2-way player, why can't Curry? I get that it would be tough to get him to play shortstop, but he could certainly DH to get his bat in the lineup. It just seems like such a waste to have an impact bat not being utilized.

2) Isn't Serratos a better option (offensively and defensively) than Wilhite at shortshop? Wilhite has been a bit of a disappointment this year and seems shaky on even routine plays.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
A couple of things I have noticed as the season has gone on:

1) If English can be a 2-way player, why can't Curry? I get that it would be tough to get him to play shortstop, but he could certainly DH to get his bat in the lineup. It just seems like such a waste to have an impact bat not being utilized.

2) Isn't Serratos a better option (offensively and defensively) than Wilhite at shortshop? Wilhite has been a bit of a disappointment this year and seems shaky on even routine plays.
I would like to see Curry at DH too. But to get McCann, English, and Bart all in the lineup, one of them has to DH. I wouldn't mind seeing him hit on Sundays though so English can focus on pitching.

As for Serratos, he has really impressed me at the plate lately, but he has been a little shaky at 3rd. Wilhite has started to come around at the plate the last 2 games though.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We have really missed Murray. It has forced us to replace a .400 hitter with a .180 hitter.
This is so true. In meantime... I really believe we need to sacrifice that defense by at least "trying" to put a better bat in the lineup. It pains me to pick on one or two players... & truthfully, I can't say with any certainty a different bat would make it better for sure.

I'd like to give credit... but too lazy to go find it. Someone posted recently how important 7-9 hitters are to success. Great point.... & Yesterday, they were the reason we scored any runs. Serratos mainly... but guys around him too.

Edit... credit to @dawgbasher

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
My question is why Nick Wilhite over Michael Guldberg? Guldberg has looked good in CF to me and is a much better hitter.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Amen brother. Goldberg can be a big plus for the lineup. Shake my head every time I see Wilhite in the lineup. Wilhite could be used late in games for defensive purposes only. Also, can we please give up on the experiment with RadWhiff? Inept & overmatched at the plate to say the least.