Senior Appreciation Two senior walkons

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone attending the Institute has my respect. Those who participate in any sport with the academic rigors of a STEM curriculum is impressive. However, to walk-on the football team and endure all of the sacrifices that go along with the most challenging team sport in the NCAA is a level of dedication and love for the game that ought to be saluted by every GT fan!!

Scout teams prepare the starters for the games on Saturday and the success achieved is due in large part to the "Looks and Effort" provided by great student athletes such as these fine young men.

There should be a thunderous applause for these two kids in particular on Saturday because they are engaged in a very important yet thankless job that is absolutely necessary in order for the entire team to succeed each and every week.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Anyone attending the Institute has my respect. Those who participate in any sport with the academic rigors of a STEM curriculum is impressive. However, to walk-on the football team and endure all of the sacrifices that go along with the most challenging team sport in the NCAA is a level of dedication and love for the game that ought to be saluted by every GT fan!!

Scout teams prepare the starters for the games on Saturday and the success achieved is due in large part to the "Looks and Effort" provided by great student athletes such as these fine young men.

There should be a thunderous applause for these two kids in particular on Saturday because they are engaged in a very important yet thankless job that is absolutely necessary in order for the entire team to succeed each and every week.

... and not fully appreciated even by our coach.

I know that CPJ loves and appreciates our walk-ons, but I'm not sure that he fully or entirely appreciates their situation among our hundred plus players. This past week he made a joke about how unlikely it would be to have a RS Senior walk-on because why would they pay for another year of college to be a walk-on. This year, we did have a RS Senior walk-on who earned an engineering degree in the spring and stayed to work on a Masters this year, in part, so that he could stay with the team.