Tulane Offense

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m amazed Tulane won that game. Got down 28-7 and outscore Houston 31-3 the rest of the way including that insane last second TD

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Fritz is a great coach. He's put up crazy numbers everywhere he's been once he's gotten his players in. Fun offense to watch.

I've always said GT is a place that needed an "offensive guru" type coach. In the last 30 years, we have done well when our coach was an "offensive guru" (CPJ) or had an assistant that was one (Friedgen).

The way the game is going these days, you have to have an offense that can score. The time of defenses holding teams to less than 2 TDs a game is few and far between. If you look at coaches known for defense (Saban, Belichek, etc) even they have revamped their staff to emphasize more offense and scoring more points.

If Patenaude is not the guy, CGC needs to hurry up and find an up and comer like a Friedgen or a CPJ. CGC is a very good to great defensive mind, but it's going to be the offense that defines his career at GT.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Just got through watching Tulane beat Houston. We should be running the Tulane Offense. A mix of Triple, power, sweeps and play action with Oliver as QB. Fritz is the HC and he gave us problems in 2014.
I thought the same. I also like what Houston was running too. I’d love to run a fast pace, uptempo offense

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Fritz is a great coach. He's put up crazy numbers everywhere he's been once he's gotten his players in. Fun offense to watch.

I've always said GT is a place that needed an "offensive guru" type coach. In the last 30 years, we have done well when our coach was an "offensive guru" (CPJ) or had an assistant that was one (Friedgen).

The way the game is going these days, you have to have an offense that can score. The time of defenses holding teams to less than 2 TDs a game is few and far between. If you look at coaches known for defense (Saban, Belichek, etc) even they have revamped their staff to emphasize more offense and scoring more points.

If Patenaude is not the guy, CGC needs to hurry up and find an up and comer like a Friedgen or a CPJ. CGC is a very good to great defensive mind, but it's going to be the offense that defines his career at GT.

The Co-offensive coordinator for Oklahoma, Bill Bedenbaugh, comes to mind. He’s probably out of the price range but he puts together a strong run game out an air raid offense.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The Co-offensive coordinator for Oklahoma, Bill Bedenbaugh, comes to mind. He’s probably out of the price range but he puts together a strong run game out an air raid offense.

Oh man, I love that offense. Lincoln Riley is next level right now. He took an already prolific offense and made it the envy of all levels of football. Ask @steebu about OU football right now...he's probably spazzing out on that offense.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Fritz did a great job with Ga Southern triple option players finding ways to use them best (if you recall they got within a whisker of beating us that first year). And that was after two down years at GSU under previous coach and players were leaving. Great offensive mind. He's now got Tulane turned in the right direction after some god-awful years there.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Collins is way to loyal to his OC. I dont ever expect a change. This may be a sucky ride on offense for years unless generational talent comes in.

The oc hire was terrible. He doesnt major in anything. He is a copycat oc with no training under the wing if someone with ingenuity.

He may know x and os but its not about if your qb can presnap read. I watch intelligent coaches with offenses with creative pass packages using qbs who cant read a d nor throw a pass that great do just fine because its the design of the system that helps. Heavy screen game, types or rpos, pick style plays and crossing routes vs man, half field rollout plays reading 2-3 at most or reading off the smash combo, there is so much we can do to balance youth in this system, with the talent we have, and can recruit to and grow we arent doing at all.

Just not a fan of anything i see

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The play before that last TD was awesome. The fake kneel down with the hidden handoff to one of the wingbacks who then goes 20 yds to set up that last pass.

The Houston DB's took the wrong angles on the last play, though even if they had made the tackle Tulane would have had an opportunity to kick a FG.