Tulane Game STs

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, another game of highs and lows but mostly highs. Overall C+.

The highs were
  • the blocked punt by Connors and return to the 1, not a coincidence that we blocked 5 last year and are doing it again this year. We have speed on our team and play our best players on ST.
  • Butker's 48 yard FG to go ahead at the half. That FG would have been good from 60 IMHO.
  • Butker 5 of 6 touch backs on KOs.
  • Rodwell's only punt was fair caught on the 10.
The lows were:
  • Butker's missed 34 yard FG when we really needed it. Good snap and hold and straight kick with plenty of leg and no pressure; just lined up wrong. Missing two in two weeks makes me worry about his head.
  • Our KO returns were nothing special in our three returns. The best return (only 26 yards) was called back to the 16.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
b19fxvp0fifdmlv6g.jpg

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
CPJ was kind of funny on the blocked punt, saying something like, "No, they were really slow"

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, another game of highs and lows but mostly highs. Overall C+.

The highs were
  • the blocked punt by Connors and return to the 1, not a coincidence that we blocked 5 last year and are doing it again this year. We have speed on our team and play our best players on ST.
  • Butker's 48 yard FG to go ahead at the half. That FG would have been good from 60 IMHO.
  • Butker 5 of 6 touch backs on KOs.
  • Rodwell's only punt was fair caught on the 10.
The lows were:
  • Butker's missed 34 yard FG when we really needed it. Good snap and hold and straight kick with plenty of leg and no pressure; just lined up wrong. Missing two in two weeks makes me worry about his head.
  • Our KO returns were nothing special in our three returns. The best return (only 26 yards) was called back to the 16.
I've noticed that he doesn't lineup the same from the right hash as compared to middle of the field. His lineup should leave him missing right unless he hooks it.