Tulane and a Little Perspective

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Let me tell you something young lad do not think that coaches do not exchange schemes that work on our offense.Second agree Tulane with Bud couldnt stop our offense but VT with Bud....can.Third yes most of the teams that do not have hosses have been running similar defenses vs us and we do well until we play the big uns.Third I was probably making cut blocks before many of this board was born....I assure you I do know the difference.Looks like a attempt to liven up the chop blocking problems we have fell on deaf ears............bet you a mint that every coach in the ACC has a game film of our games with VT and LSU and Miami and BYU...you take what works and improvise..Tulane didnt do that.VT and others will due to abundance of good players and of course speed,
you forgot about Iowa.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Let me tell you something young lad do not think that coaches do not exchange schemes that work on our offense.Second agree Tulane with Bud couldnt stop our offense but VT with Bud....can.Third yes most of the teams that do not have hosses have been running similar defenses vs us and we do well until we play the big uns.Third I was probably making cut blocks before many of this board was born....I assure you I do know the difference.Looks like a attempt to liven up the chop blocking problems we have fell on deaf ears............bet you a mint that every coach in the ACC has a game film of our games with VT and LSU and Miami and BYU...you take what works and improvise..Tulane didnt do that.VT and others will due to abundance of good players and of course speed,

First, thanks. It's been more than a few decades since anyone has called me "young lad."

Second, most of the rest of your post is nonsense IF you intended it as a reply to me. I did not suggest that coaches didn't talk, and I certainly don't think, as you seem to, that D1 coaches can't diagnose D schemes by watching film.

Let me say it again: there's no magic formula. Coaches do what they think gives their D the best shot. If Tulane had tried to defend us like VPI, we would have picked them apart passing like we did Wofford. They don't have the DL to get pressure or the DBs to play much man coverage.

Finally, I didn't mention cut blocks; that was the other guy.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion you have the opinion that there is a magic bullet or email folks circulate to decency the option.If you look around UOU will find out that coaches talk and watch film and yeah TULANE defending the optionvia VT schemes will not work.second the post was between myself and Cheese dealing with the fact that in year 2014 ACC DC and players are mord familiar with the offense and are finding ways to scheme and use better technique to combat our cut blocks.NO nonsense about THST and finally no response to you.THIS dealt with defending the tech option and some humorous via chop blocks ge cut blocks.Now as far as your age..if yuou can beat 66 then maybe you are not a young lad after all.I would suggest you read the posts again concerning defending the flexbone.Not sure UOU were mentionrd but glad to HSVE your input.