TStan wants your feedback: Branded Items at Retail

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I’m holding my breath when we introduce the GT version of Notre Dame’s vomit green uniforms.

Does anyone really want us to look like the Green Goblin?

I do foresee the day we are G/B/G mainly. Nice looking uni (maybe) but not for GT.

It will be forced on us, I think, because Blue is so much easier to produce and they will come up with any survey they need to proclaim that is what the fans really want.

Sorry to repeat myself - I just wish we could try to make a classy W/G/W uni with no other trim color.

GT in nothing but White & Gold.

An opportunity unique to our school in all of college football

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I do foresee the day we are G/B/G mainly. Nice looking uni (maybe) but not for GT.

It will be forced on us, I think, because Blue is so much easier to produce and they will come up with any survey they need to proclaim that is what the fans really want.

Sorry to repeat myself - I just wish we could try to make a classy W/G/W uni with no other trim color.

GT in nothing but White & Gold.

An opportunity unique to our school in all of college football

I learned something yesterday. I already knew that Heisman borrowed Auburn’s colors and brought them to Clemson.

But Auburn? The coach before Heisman. Petrie, borrowed them from Virginia. Three schools all with the same color scheme.

Personally, my favorite look is gold helmets, white jerseys, and gold pants. To me, that just screams Georgia Tech. Navy? Not so much.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I learned something yesterday. I already knew that Heisman borrowed Auburn’s colors and brought them to Clemson.

But Auburn? The coach before Heisman. Petrie, borrowed them from Virginia. Three schools all with the same color scheme.

Personally, my favorite look is gold helmets, white jerseys, and gold pants. To me, that just screams Georgia Tech. Navy? Not so much.

Never knew that.

Interesting.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

Was it Heisman? I thought it was Riggs when he came from Auburn?

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
I like white and gold best, especially from the Dodd & Pepper Rodgers eras. I think either navy or black were used for the numbers and trim, but I can't remember. My next favorite would be the gold jerseys from the Chan era. Those looked great. The navy uniforms from the Ross era were really classy, though overall I'm not a big navy fan. Oddly enough, the heavy cotton Tech jersey I wore to practices at the end of Pop Warner/ beginning of high school was white with the numbers and "Georgia Tech" printed in navy blue. My dad purchased it at the Engineer's Bookstore in the late '70s, long before navy colors dominated uniforms (Curry's unis were actually black).

Last time I checked online, the only kids' jerseys available were in white & navy. I'd like to find a jersey for my son for "sports day" at school, preferably a "classic" one in old gold. Anyone know where to look?