TStan Give Some Clarification

LibertyTurns

Banned
I missed that, care to share?
Here’s the BS:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/how-georgia-tech-fell-the-quick-lane-bowl/j8F3RzX2rl8zj1K7Eu2F4I/

There’s plenty of examples of this:

https://www.thelantern.com/2011/12/gator-bowl-ticket-sales-continue-to-disappoint/

Couldn’t find the article but I think either Miss St or Louisville in the Gator Bowl, possibly both bought fewer tickets than GT the previous year despite the fact that we got stuck playing Ky. We flat out got out-lobbied by VT for the Military Bowl. It was clear they started pushing for that game when they ended up 4-6 in hopes that the French choked again & they would walk over Marshall. Once again, GT leadership was asleep at the wheel.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Here’s the BS:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/how-georgia-tech-fell-the-quick-lane-bowl/j8F3RzX2rl8zj1K7Eu2F4I/

There’s plenty of examples of this:

https://www.thelantern.com/2011/12/gator-bowl-ticket-sales-continue-to-disappoint/

Couldn’t find the article but I think either Miss St or Louisville in the Gator Bowl, possibly both bought fewer tickets than GT the previous year despite the fact that we got stuck playing Ky. We flat out got out-lobbied by VT for the Military Bowl. It was clear they started pushing for that game when they ended up 4-6 in hopes that the French choked again & they would walk over Marshall. Once again, GT leadership was asleep at the wheel.
Kinda sucks. We just needed an extra win and VT couldn’t jump us. Sadly that is something we could control but didn’t take care of business.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry if someone already posted this from the AJC article....this is why we don't get nice things when bowls get to choose....truth is that our fanbase is not at all large to begin with.

Tech has not sold out its ticket allotment in its past three bowl games, and likely going back farther. At the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla., in 2016, Tech didn’t hit a 7,000-ticket allotment, despite the Jackets having won five of their last six regular-season games (including over Georgia), Jacksonville being roughly 5-1/2 hours from Atlanta and an alumni base in central and north Florida. Kentucky, meanwhile, sold out its allotment in three days.

For the Orange Bowl trip in 2014, Tech sold less than half of its allotment of 15,000 tickets while Mississippi State sold about 11,000. For the Music City Bowl in 2013, Tech was assigned an allotment of 10,000 and fell far short.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Sorry if someone already posted this from the AJC article....this is why we don't get nice things when bowls get to choose....truth is that our fanbase is not at all large to begin with.

Tech has not sold out its ticket allotment in its past three bowl games, and likely going back farther. At the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla., in 2016, Tech didn’t hit a 7,000-ticket allotment, despite the Jackets having won five of their last six regular-season games (including over Georgia), Jacksonville being roughly 5-1/2 hours from Atlanta and an alumni base in central and north Florida. Kentucky, meanwhile, sold out its allotment in three days.

For the Orange Bowl trip in 2014, Tech sold less than half of its allotment of 15,000 tickets while Mississippi State sold about 11,000. For the Music City Bowl in 2013, Tech was assigned an allotment of 10,000 and fell far short.
Exactly my point. The next year ticket sales were lower. Could not find any 2 year later yapping about not wanting Miss St because of low ticket sales. How about Oh St?

I can’t vouch for Jax because I couldn’t make it, but Orange Bowl had a lot of GT fans around. I’m not sure what it takes to score good GT bowl tickets thru GTAA because I’ve not reached that level yet despite being fairly high inpoints. Sorry I wasn’t going to sit in the corner endzone for one of our biggest games ever. I went aftermarket and got tickets on the 40 so I had a good view of us demolishing another SEC team that year. Between the disparity in prices and the poor locations coupled with GT fans being CHEAP and SAVVY (not sure high one overrides but probably cheap) most people like me that seem to be in the “you can’t get good seats pile” buy them aftermarket.

The bar where the alumni function was located was packed and you couldn’t hardly get in at one point. That doesn’t reek of GT brings no fans. We just do a horrible job of PR (before, during & after) is my conclusion.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow

Maybe GT fans, having attended many bowls over the last 25 years, have figured out the majority of the tickets the bowls allocate through the schools AA's are crap tickets. So they purchase on the secondary market and sit in decent seats for half to a quarter of the price. More than 15k GT fans at the OB in 2014, more than 10k at the Taxslayer.

And whats this jab about Ky.......really? Like that has any significance at all other than an outlier data point. They hadn't been to any bowl in 20 years, of course they're going to buy tickets, lol.