TStan Give Some Clarification

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I would hope by tomorrow afternoon that TStan would give us some clarification on why we ended up in the Quick Lane Bowl and more importantly where is he with the new head coach search. It just seems to me that the administration, which includes the President and TStan, is asleep at the wheel when it comes to athletics. They need to get out in front of things and advocate for GT. Right now it seems like the status quo is fine for them, but it is getting frustrating for me as a season ticket holder and long time donor to see this lack of direction.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I would hope by tomorrow afternoon that TStan would give us some clarification on why we ended up the Quick Lane Bowl and more importantly where is he with the new head coach search. It just seems to me that the administration, which includes the President and TStan, is asleep at the wheel when it comes to athletics. They need to get out in front of things and advocate for GT. Right now it seems like the status quo is fine for them, but it is getting frustrating for me as a season ticket holder and long time donor to see this lack of direction.
He posted a tweet saying how excited and grateful we are to be playing in Detroit, that was...something.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Does he honestly really need to? Sure it sucks but after he announces a new coach no one will even be talking about it. Now if he isn’t doing anything privately about it then that is a problem.
If he wants people to donate to his Vision 2020.... This crap is BS!!

crut

Helluva Engineer
Look, I'm annoyed as much as anyone that we dropped so many bowl spots but he has to advertise it because GT is currently $800,000 in the hole for this game (required to buy 8,000 lower level tickets at $100 each). It doesn't help GT for him to pile on and admit the game sounds unappealing. Furthermore, the tickets to the game are already at $40 on StubHub and in order for GT to get out of the hole, people have to buy the $100 tickets from GT itself. Good luck to them

Look, I'm annoyed as much as anyone that we dropped so many bowl spots but he has to advertise it because GT is currently $800,000 in the hole for this game (required to buy 8,000 lower level tickets at $100 each). It doesn't help GT for him to pile on and admit the game sounds unappealing. Furthermore, the tickets to the game are already at $40 on StubHub and in order for GT to get out of the hole, people have to buy the $100 tickets from GT itself. Good luck to them
If I were going, I would look to Stubhub for tickets. But, since I am not going, I plan to buy two from Tech and have them donated.

LibertyTurns

Banned
He posted a tweet saying how excited and grateful we are to be playing in Detroit, that was...something.
We had to have another round of social media suppression of the players. They were saying what everyone is thinking, not just GT fans. Stansbury could make himself some headway if he’d come out & tell it like it is, then explaining what he’s intending to do about it. If there was an equal balance of we got a break & ended up with a better deal than we deserved in bowl selections that would offset the disappointing years. The evidence of teams getting off weeks before us, the disparity in number of noon starts, the wildly unequal punishments for laughingly insignificant infractions, etc has got to stop. It affects the health of our programs and should not be tolerated.

Dobeedobeedo

Georgia Tech Fan

You know this? What were the upsides to this Bowl?
We are playing a team that does not have a winning season, why go?

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
..,because GT is currently $800,000 in the hole for this game (required to buy 8,000 lower level tickets at $100 each).
Good thing the ACC pool le bowl payouts and distributes relatively evenly, otherwise we would lose money. The Quick Lane Bowl has the lowest payout of all ACC bowls. The prize money would barely cover the cost of attendance (transportation/lodging/etc)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I just want TStan to be honest.

If he is honestly happy to be going to Detroit...well, that tells me a lot.

If he is not, tell us so.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I would rather him say nothing on social media than him post some politically correct bs. He is the only person I have heard that is excited about going to Detroit.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I’m already on record as saying we aren’t being treated that unfairly. But assuming he thinks we are...what good could it possibly do Tech for him to publicly complain and bash a bowl we are headed to play in? If he does anything it should be behind closed doors with conference officials. He’s not a football coach that can just loose his cool to energize a team that needs a kick in the ***. He’s the AD. Everything he does needs to be well thought out and strategic...not stream of consciousness blow up reactions.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
GT will take a bath on this:cigar:

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I've heard from multiple people that work at GTAA that Stansbury and deputy AD pushed for Charlotte and NYC very hard (even had Teixeira involved) and then Military after CPJ announcement. Not sure what more could have been done. The bowls make the final decision, but didn't sound like ACC helped much.