Trust in other teams we play

Jmonty71

Banned
Just because this has been tugging at me, for a while. What is going to force schools to sit kids that failed COVID tests? Example. Trevor Lawrence gets COVID, therefore putting Clemson's championship in jeopardy. Do we trust them to sit him? Do we trust all the schools to sit their best players? Do they have to report to the other school? Just something doesn't sit right. Wins matter more than safety with some of the schools... **Cough** UGA *Cough**

Am I worried about this, for no reason? I haven't seen a mandate from the NCAA on reporting COVID findings.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Just because this has been tugging at me, for a while. What is going to force schools to sit kids that failed COVID tests? Example. Trevor Lawrence gets COVID, therefore putting Clemson's championship in jeopardy. Do we trust them to sit him? Do we trust all the schools to sit their best players? Do they have to report to the other school? Just something doesn't sit right. Wins matter more than safety with some of the schools... **Cough** UGA *Cough**

Am I worried about this, for no reason? I haven't seen a mandate from the NCAA on reporting COVID findings.
The ACC has to have visibility to all testing and protocols to make this work. I don’t see a role for the NCAA but the conference has to make the rulings imo.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The ACC has to have visibility to all testing and protocols to make this work. I don’t see a role for the NCAA but the conference has to make the rulings imo.

Then folks'll cite privacy concerns or stte.

There's no trust here. The only 'trust' is trusting that, if someone knowingly plays a COVID case, they're opening themselves up to litigation.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Then folks'll cite privacy concerns or stte.

There's no trust here. The only 'trust' is trusting that, if someone knowingly plays a COVID case, they're opening themselves up to litigation.
There are only privacy issues if there isn’t an agreement to share. I assume players want their opponents to be clean so they aren’t at risk. If the only way to know is to release results internally to the conference then have them sign off on it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
There are only privacy issues if there isn’t an agreement to share. I assume players want their opponents to be clean so they aren’t at risk. If the only way to know is to release results internally to the conference then have them sign off on it.

Pro leagues can do this because they have a players' union.