1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Trump impeachment proceedings

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by yrp, Sep 24, 2019.

1. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

Obama was not raised primarily in a another country. Just stop making crap up man.

2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Thanks for the correction. I just went back and looked it up. For some reason I thought he lived overseas from when he was 5 until he was 14. I was wrong, as they only lived in Indonesia for 5 years, and moved here when he was 10.

By the way, I don't just make stuff up. I would like to think I have a reputation of being often questioned on my assertions, but often proven right. I will man up when I make mistakes, like I did now, but wasn't just making something up. For some reason my memory was just incorrect.

3. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Perfectly legal, a legitimate piece of government-issued i d with a picture.

4. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

maybe not "primarily" but we know(from his autobiography) that he did attend a moslem school in Indonesia, perhaps that's where he was radicalized?

5. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

He went to a Catholic school in Indonesia.

6. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

FWIW, he was registered by his stepfather at that Catholic school under the name Barry Soetero, with his religion given as muslim.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  7. GTRules

GTRules Jolly Good Fellow

Concealed Carry Permit.

8. GTRules

GTRules Jolly Good Fellow

Well, just the one.

(snicker)

9. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

Thanks. I figured it out later.

10. Technut1990

Technut1990 Helluva Engineer

Not if you yell racism you don’t ! Otherwise yes, well maybe, kinda, perhaps it depends on how close libs think the election will be.

11. Technut1990

Gramps I really don’t know what’s up dude. None of the candidates were asked to produce anything resembling a birth certificate by the governing body who is in charge of registration.

Yes Obama was accused of not being a citizen but it damn sure wasn’t by a sitting official who oversees election qualifiers.

At the time Trump wasn’t even a candidate, he was priming the pump.

Glad to see you are concerned about baseless allegations though, I’ll review your post to see how many times you defended Trump from BS allegations from actual people sitting in power.

12. Technut1990

Maybe it was a left wing Catholic school that taught how God accepts abortions and Christian techniques in Muslim meditation?

That’s possible !

13. Technut1990

******* ELECTION TAMPERING ALERT*********

Wait I think awbuzz is a liberal thinker,

DISREGARD the alert

Had this been an actual conservative you would have been directed to the nearest exist, again he’s a liberal, all is fine !

14. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Yeah and maybe it was a Catholic school that demanded girls wear a chastity belt until their wedding night?

15. Technut1990

I just realized that I binge post, did I spell binge right? I’ve been posting and have a buzz

16. Technut1990

Ok Liberty we both know there’s no such thing, c’mon man (shaking head in disbelief)

17. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

Well, now that impeachment is over (for Trump, at least), it might interest some of you to see what its effects were. For that, see:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/impeachment-didnt-change-minds-it-eroded-trust/

I wasn't surprised by these results. The big takeaway for me is the dramatic decrease among independents and Democrats and increase among Republicans in the expectation that the Senate would judge the whole affair impartially.

18. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Its a shame some people turned it off when their opposing party was presenting (as the article states). All that does is keep you ignorant.

19. Technut1990

To an extent.

The liberals essentially interviewed people behind closed doors and then called the ones that they felt helped them. Cons waived one hand to distract you from the other.

Neither side presented fact based neutral views. You knew going in the Cons were going to argue forvTrump and libs against him and we knew they would both take hypocrisy to a new level.

For me, someone whose been in the room when political decisions on a local level were made, I never ever had faith that politicians on a bigger stage would do the right thing. Every decision made by a politician is tainted with at least some ‘ how does this impact my reelection effort’ mindset. And in many cases that little bit of self interest is enough NOT to do what’s right.

Done honestly he libs would have said we can’t impeach Trump, we twist arms with aid everyday and we watched Biden brag about it. Cons would have said yes the call was bad and Trump did try to twist arms with the money but it’s done everyday up here and we ain’t impeaching anyone for it.

None of them did that, so it ended up being a huge political commercial

20. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

The Democrats themselves chose not to charge Trump with any crime. No Treason, no Bribery, no High Crimes or Misdemeanors. I don't care how conservative or liberal you are, what that means is that they thought Trump's behavior was not criminal, but was abhorrent. Fine. I've been one of the many loud people on this site complaining about how miserable of a human Trump is. But you can't impeach someone because you detest their behavior.