Trouble brewing on Rocky Top?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
This is a whole lot of nothing:rolleyes: The MSM is trying to stir up shytt in the dark period before Fall Practices start. Jeremy Pruitt is an old style head coach who has a problem with authority and i like that considering the way Derek Dooley and Botch Jones were. Jeremy Pruitt is a strong recruiter and he knows what he wants the Tennessee program to become and Tennessee hasn't had that type of head coach since Phil Fulmer and Johnny Majors. Aaron Murray is a clueless UGAG arsehole and so is David Pollack and i wouldn't doubt if Kirby Smart put them up to say those stupid comments to try to slow down Coach Pruitt's strong recruiting.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a whole lot of nothing:rolleyes: The MSM is trying to stir up shytt in the dark period before Fall Practices start. Jeremy Pruitt is an old style head coach who has a problem with authority and i like that considering the way Derek Dooley and Botch Jones were. Jeremy Pruitt is a strong recruiter and he knows what he wants the Tennessee program to become and Tennessee hasn't had that type of head coach since Phil Fulmer and Johnny Majors. Aaron Murray is a clueless UGAG arsehole and so is David Pollack and i wouldn't doubt if Kirby Smart put them up to say those stupid comments to try to slow down Coach Pruitt's strong recruiting.

I think he'll be a great coach as well and definitely an elite defensive mind. I can see where he would butt heads with Fulmer, however. He can be a great coach and a hot head at the same time.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
My favorite part is the excessive celebration that gave Tennessee good enough field position to do this:

Wow, I wasn't aware that a game from two years ago where the East favorite needed a hail mary to beat a first time head coach was the only game that mattered. Who knew?

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm all for Tennessee making a comeback btw. Makes the East much more fun when UF and UT are actually bowl elegible.

Deleted member 2897

I'm all for Tennessee making a comeback btw. Makes the East much more fun when UF and UT are actually bowl elegible.

Yea, and lord knows you need the strength of schedule help since you're playing Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, and UMass. BTW, keep a look out for the "Lets Go Pee!" chants at the Austin Peay game. :D

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Yea, and lord knows you need the strength of schedule help since you're playing Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, and UMass. BTW, keep a look out for the "Lets Go Pee!" chants at the Austin Peay game. :D

Believe me, I'm not exactly thrilled with the OOC schedule either. Can't schedule all the big boys every year I guess.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Tennessee will surprise folks and win 8 games this season

I disagree, but I respect your opinion and admire your optimism. They might catch one or two teams by surprise (Mizzou, South Carolina, Florida), but 8-4 will be tough for them. The West Vagina game will be telling.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I disagree, but I respect your opinion and admire your optimism. They might catch one or two teams by surprise (Mizzou, South Carolina, Florida), but 8-4 will be tough for them. The West Vagina game will be telling.
;) I think Missouri is another team that people are overrating. I can't see Missouri doing any better than 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC.

Last edited:

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
;) I think Missouri is another team that people are overrrating. I can't see Missouri doing any better than 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC.

I think it's mainly because of Drew Lock. Dooley is very likely a downgrade for that OC position. They COULD go 7-5 though. They have some good players scattered across their offense at QB, WR, and OL.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
But they won the East in 2013 and 2014. Back to back years! No ones ever done that. Just ask them, they'll tell you.
Yeah those were really good teams(y) The SEC should have tried to invite Virginia Tech into the SEC i think they would have been a better fit than Missouri;) A lot of people in SEC Country think VT will ditch the ACC for the SEC sometime in the future;)

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah those were really good teams(y) The SEC should have tried to invite Virginia Tech into the SEC i think they would have been a better fit than Missouri

Yep, definitely a better fit both geographically and culturally. Plus it gives the SEC a foot in the DMV recruiting region. A North Carolina school would also have been great. Good academics, geographic fit, natural rivalries with Tennessee, South Carolina, and Georgia, and a basketball boost to boot. Plus those large TV markets that seem to drive expansion. Would have a hard time prying them away though. Wake Forest would probably have been the easiest but also the least desirable.