Interview Trey Klock

Discussion in 'GT Swarm Articles, Interviews & Photos' started by Eric, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Q: How was your Senior season?

A: Great. We finished 13-2 and were state semi-finalists. The team really came together over the offseason and we accomplished a lot of things that people didn't believe we could do.

Q: How do you feel you performed?

A: I thought I had a pretty good senior season. I was a captain and did my best to lead the team. We averaged under 5 passes a game so I don't have many offensive statistics but on defense I had 86 tackles, 22 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 5 Fumble Rec.

Q: How is your commitment to Tech?

A: My commitment has been 100% solid since the day I made my decision. I'm very happy with their season and all of the coaches.

Q: What made you decide on Tech?

A: It's an opportunity for me to get a great education from a respected institution and also compete in the ACC. The coaches were great and I loved the atmosphere of the south. I knew right away that it was the place for me.

Q: What position are you coming in at?

A: Coach Cook has talked about implementing a TE into some of the formations. I've also met with Coach Roof about possibly playing DL. But it looks like OL will be a good fit for me.

Q: What will you bring to the team?

A: Size, strength, a good work ethic. I'm just ready to compete.

Q: When is your OV to GT?

A: My OV is Jan. 17 but I'm actually going to the bowl game too! It was a christmas present from my parents.

Q: Any goals as a freshman?

A: It looks like I'll redshirt my first year but I just want to work hard in the weight room and get used to the college level. I know it will be a big jump from high school.

Q: What coach recruited you for GT and what did you like about them?

A: Coach Cook recruits my area and I've also talked with Coach Pehrson and Sewak a lot. They've been able to answer all my questions and we're able to talk about things other than football. Coach Cook has been to my school a few times already and really made me feel welcomed.

Q: Any thing you would like to tell GT fans?

A: THWG!!!

2. poodleface

poodleface Ramblin' Wreck

This guy has his mind right.

Nook Su Kow likes this.
  3. GTJason

GTJason Helluva Engineer

Fwiw I think it'd be dumb to not use him at least experimentally as a TE/a-back. Blocking in pass protection will increase and he's a large physical target over the middle for passing. Hopefully Cook can plug him in there and he proves me right

4. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

Which OL position is he targeted for, OT?

5. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

"...on defense I had 86 tackles, 22 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 5 Fumble Rec."

Give him to Roof and the defense.

kg01 likes this.
  6. xenoabe

xenoabe Ramblin' Wreck

I agree but with him thrown in on a few odd O formations just for good measure and opponent preparation/confusion.

Ggee87 likes this.
  7. bat_082994

bat_082994 Helluva Engineer

I have been waiting for however long CPJ has been here to implement a TE. please do it!!!

8. Goldisbest

Goldisbest Jolly Good Fellow

I like players who respond about their team when asked "How was your Senior season?"

collegeballfan likes this.
  9. QuickKick

QuickKick Jolly Good Fellow

Seems like a baller and has his head screwed on straight. Perfect for us. Give him a year at the training table and with the S/C coach and I predict a future star on the OL.

10. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

His coach might kick him out if he didn't.

11. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

This guys could be a great player for us. I would like to see what he could do on defense, but with his quick feet he could make a HUGE difference on the OL

12. PowderSpringsJacket88

PowderSpringsJacket88 Helluva Engineer Retired Staff

I have heard both OT and OG...I would think he is athletic enough to play OT especially if they are going to implement some TE type plays.

13. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

All for the TE. wonder if he could do some Hback as well.

Chad likes this.
  14. Nook Su Kow

Nook Su Kow Helluva Engineer

THWG hahaha love it

15. Nook Su Kow

Nook Su Kow Helluva Engineer

Nice work again, Eric. I swear this site trumps any pay site.

Eric and Chad like this.
  16. Chad

Chad Jolly Good Fellow

Now you know good and well CPJ is not going to do that. lol,

17. johncu

johncu Ramblin' Wreck

I bumped into Trey at the bowl game. He is a big guy, for sure.

18. alaguy

alaguy Helluva Engineer

I was intrigued about him from first.he LEVELED guys on blocks-although his competition looked smaller.Those are awesome def stats .Where he plays might be a function of how much talent we have at a particular position.My guess is OT at first.
    Love the attitude.

19. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Really hope he is used in a hybrid role some. Would like to see us pound the ball using him in a tackle over set with him at TE.