Interview Trey Klock interview 6/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Trey Klock is a very special recruit for GT and is a first under the Paul Johnson era. He was recruited to play tight end! However, that might not be where he winds up playing.

Now that you are committed to Georgia Tech, what do you plan on focusing on till you arrive at GT?

"I plan on focusing on improving my speed and strength. I'm so happy that I have made my decision and I can focus on my senior year, but I've still got a lot of work to do. I also plan on recruiting other players to make this an even stronger class!"

Any plans on enrolling early?

"I have thought about it a little bit but we don't have block scheduling at my school so it is not a possibility for me. I will continue to play basketball and baseball throughout the year."

What are your preferences for what position or side of the ball you want to play at?
"Most of the other schools offered me as a TE but I am also excited about playing DT. The coaches do not know what position I'll play and I think it all depends on how my body develops over the next few months. I'm honestly willing to play on either side of the ball and do whatever it takes to help the team!"

What are your strengths?

"My dad is my High school coach so I have grown up around the game. I think a big strength of mine is my football IQ. I have such a strong passion for the game and love to watch film. I can't wait to play at the next level!"

Any teams still recruiting you? Did any teams negatively recruit against each other?

"There are still some coaches that continue to send me letters and message me on Facebook. I developed many relationships with coaches so it was hard for me to tell them that I wasn't going to be playing for them. Yes, some coaches negatively recruited against each other which every team in the country does in some way."

Do you plan on trying to play immediately? How important is that to you?
"We have talked about it briefly and the coaches have said that it is likely that I will red-shirt. I think this will be a good thing for me so I can become comfortable with the system and put on good weight."

Give me some weight room and speed stats.
"40 yard dash-4.9, Bench-385,Clean-300,and Squat 430."

Who was your favorite coach and current GT player to be around?

" Coach Preston recruits my area and he is a great guy. I loved meeting all of the staff but I'm pretty close with Coach Pehrson already. So far I have spent some time with Zach Laskey, Vad Lee, and Corey Dennis."

So you are recruiting other players?

"Recruiting has gone well so far. I am recruiting QB Matthew Jordan who announces tomorrow and that would be a big pick up for us. Also, Shai Mckenzie, Montae Nickolson, Billy Ray Mitchell, and Antoine White."

When are you coming back to GT?

"I plan on coming back in August with my Dad and then going to a game in the fall."

Whats the good word?

"THWG!"

We may not know where he is going to play but you have to think this guy is going to be really good and work his tail off. He is a great kid that values family which you would know if you have seen the video of how he committed!

Click here for the dedicated discussion thread for Trey Klock

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.