Travis Jorgenson - Cone Drills

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
And if you guys havent already...check his youtube account...has a lot of more videos.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I only watched the first clip, and I start by saying I really like this kid. I was impressed with what I saw last year in real play. That being said, his ball handling and foot speed look good in the drill tape, but his shot looks slow and is awfully low. If that's truly representative of how he shoots, I won't be surprised to see him get stuffed when defended by a quick, long PG in the ACC. If he can shake his defender, it won't be a problem, but if he can't it will be.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I only watched the first clip, and I start by saying I really like this kid. I was impressed with what I saw last year in real play. That being said, his ball handling and foot speed look good in the drill tape, but his shot looks slow and is awfully low. If that's truly representative of how he shoots, I won't be surprised to see him get stuffed when defended by a quick, long PG in the ACC. If he can shake his defender, it won't be a problem, but if he can't it will be.

I know he's recovering from a significant injury that will affect range of motion, but...

PS - I'll probably repost this vine about 1000 times this year. We should really just put it on the front page. LOL!

ramblinzach

Georgia Tech Fan
Don't think that spot up shooter is much of his game. Agree that he has a slow shot, but hopefully he's creating his own space when necessary.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Like him but that was the one thing I noticed in the couple games he played last year. Needs to get a much quicker release. Going to have to be wide open to get his shot off.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I know he's recovering from a significant injury that will affect range of motion, but...

PS - I'll probably repost this vine about 1000 times this year. We should really just put it on the front page. LOL!

I want him to be the next player at GTECH that I love watching play the game. I liked DM a lot but he didn't show much emotion. Jeremis Smith was probably the last guy that I liked to watch play a lot. (Im talking over achievers here obviously Favors was fun to watch)

That clip may end up in my signature before long.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I gave up ever being good at basketball because I could not jump shoot with the ball over my head. I brought it up low the way he does and was always told by coaches that it was improper form. It also takes a lot more strength to be able to keep the ball up high and shoot from long range. He seems to have to shoot all in one motion as he picks up his dribble. I don't know much about basketball but, like I say, I was always told you couldn't use that style in college or you would get stuffed.