Travis Custis signs with HCC

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I said before, we don't know how he would have turned out. Frankly, I wasn't all that impressed by his HS films; he didn't look bad, but he also didn't look like a world beater. The coaches thought he was the cat's pajamas, however, and they saw him every day. So, presumably, he was better then I thought.

Well, too bad. The thing to remember is that this kind of thing happens in every school in college football. Remember Crowell? One of the best prospects I ever saw. If he had had his head on straight - or, to be more exact, if he had avoided using the stuff that got his head bent - the Bullpukes would have had an potential All-American. Well, Custis wasn't any Crowell, but similar results can come about from quite different circumstances.

I hope Custis decides to come back to Tech. My son was set to be a BMOC at the small college he originally went to; his profs had already seen him as a potential campus leader or, more likely, campus character (you really want to keep those students, btw), but he decided to go to another school about 10X bigger. He got lost in the herd. If Custis goes to a factory, that'll be what happens to him. The coaches won't have any opinion about him except that he couldn't stick somewhere else and that he isn't as good as the guy they just recruited that their future careers depend on. This is an aspect of football that players simply don't pay attention to: the future careers of coaches are tied to the players they recruit. Let's hope that Custis reads this and gets the message.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope Custis decides to come back to Tech.

Not sure if you think this is a custis choice? With him a year at a comm college or Juco, typically, 98% of the time, tech won't let him back in as they don't accept the credits. Whitehead as not a typical situation and had NC State credits.

Even if Travis decides to come back to tech....the point is its highly unlikely tech decides they want him back.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if you think this is a custis choice? With him a year at a comm college or Juco, typically, 98% of the time, tech won't let him back in as they don't accept the credits. Whitehead as not a typical situation and had NC State credits.

Even if Travis decides to come back to tech....the point is its highly unlikely tech decides they want him back.
This ^^^. It is highly unlikely he will have the credits needed to be on track to graduate in any major at GT. He would have to sit out due to APR ineligibility. Why the hell would he do that? The fact that he's not going to GMC signal's he's not trying to stay eligible for GT.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
(Just hopeful thinking) Custis went there to practice with Kamara before both of them come to GT and tear up the ACC with the Autry Boys & Clinton Lynch! We need to use all the Norcross love that they have!!!